Corpusfishing.com Forum Index Corpusfishing.com
Fishing Reports and information for the Coastal Bend

HOME | SITE INDEX | WEATHER | LINKS | TIDES | BUY FISHING BOOKS | BOB HALL CAM | SFCCI| GUIDES                             
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

gulp

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corpusfishing.com Forum Index -> General Saltwater Fishing Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sherkus
Horse Mullet

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:13 pm    Post subject: gulp Reply with quote

No offense to any recovering Gulp users, but that stuff is like CRACK

gotta go get some
AnglerOutfitters
Horse Mullet

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought you were supposed to fish it... not snort it ? Smile
Flour Bluffian in training

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know who found that stink/texture combo but he/she is very rich....and just off of me. I have fished for many years and have never seen anything that works on reds like gulp. I have been milking a gut in the S. Bay flats on low water and N wind since before Christmas. One day I went through 8 packs and at the end I was turning them upside down to stay on.....and that was after I bit the heads off to refit them. Didn't matter what color or shape. I am convinced you can use a cube of pink gray gulp and it works on Reds. Buddy next to me was throwing assassins and he was catching but gulps were 3 to 1. Naturally he got in my stash.
I wouldn't use them before cause I thought it was just another high dollar gimmick but man I am sold. They work on trout but not near as well as with reds. The advantage with trout is they seem to stay on it a tad longer, which helps with the hook set.

I am headed to PA in another 2 weeks...is King Ranch Shoreline and Boat Hole happening in the gale force winds I am seeing there?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corpusfishing.com Forum Index -> General Saltwater Fishing Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: