Corpusfishing.com Forum Index Corpusfishing.com
Fishing Reports and information for the Coastal Bend

HOME | SITE INDEX | WEATHER | LINKS | TIDES | BUY FISHING BOOKS | BOB HALL CAM | SFCCI| GUIDES                             
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anti-Electrolysis RUST

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corpusfishing.com Forum Index -> General Saltwater Fishing Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
snakecan2
Full Grown Flour Bluffian

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:50 pm    Post subject: Anti-Electrolysis RUST Reply with quote

anyone ever try one of the anti-electolosis devices..
met a great couple out on the beach.. and he has one on his 3500 chevy..
they are from up north so much more salt on the road and they have a short beach like little/big shell and hit it like the locals do down at pins.
but his diesel does not show any sign of rust period..
have to wait till they get back from the Y to get more info, but wasnt sure if that was a northern thing or any one try it down here, have never seen a post about it or any one talk about it before, i have use washes before that do the same but it is still just a wash and only helps out.

ok editing this post.. still looking for a great product, found this cheap one and think it is cheap, but will continue to update as if found out more info.

http://www.car-rust.com/ this one is a joke.. unless you keep your vehicle under water.

http://www.counteractcpr.com/ this one might work..

still looking. does anyone have any experience on similar products
ironmanstan
Exalted Ruler of Flour Bluff

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From all the studies that I've done on corrosion of all types I would have to say that if this was truly an effective way to combat corrosion ( ha,ha, )
that these units would be installed at the factory in order to save millions on corriosion control. Anodes are effective in moving water on boat hulls and other under water structures. Also all you need to have to cause electrolysis is heat, salt, and humidity if you have these 3 items you have zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Heres another neat thing once steel is made it has a natural ability in its self to revert back from where it came from all we can do is slow the process down.
txluke
Flour Bluffian in training

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And all this time I thought electolosis was what my wife did to get rid of unwanted hair. Come to find out she might be a robot getting rid of rust.
Oil Field Trash II

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like they're both some sort of cathodic protection...and cathotic protection doesn't work in atmospheric conditions. Only under water (like you said), or under ground.
BaitBoy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got one on my 90 or 91 Suburban. It has been to the beach several times for a week at a time, camped on the beach. Last time down there in it was summer of 05 for a week camped about the 14. NO rust that I can tell. It's getting an upper engine rebuild right now, but you will be seeing it down there fairly soon, and I would guess fairly often.
ccbobber

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:50 am    Post subject: welcome Reply with quote

baitboy, you are always welcome back home. bring extra beer and i'll invite a few of your friends(all beer guzzlers) and it'll be a party to remember.
BaitBoy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CCBobber - We had planned to be down there this weekend for the cleanup and had from last Wednesday to next Tuesday scehduled off from work, but contractor problems on the home remodeling efforts balled up at the last minute, couldn't get my Suburban rebuilt in time, and my boss saddled me with four high priority deadlines (in gummint they're called 'suspenses.') One of the more important suspenses was to be worked between me and a co-worker this week - guess where he is? Down at the beach as of last Friday and my boss is off all this week for spring break! But, here I sit having to work up a response for my director to provide to the Air Force Audit Agency.

To say the very least we are frustrated as we had planned this weekend since we were down there last May. However, a whole new siding crew is outside pounding on the walls, new steel roof to start going on Tuesday, and Donna continues painting the inside. Once she (we, but mostly she) is through with painting she'll hit the road to find carpet and wood flooring to replace throughout the house. Then the furniture can be installed (half of it's still stored boxed up in the barn, other half held at the furniture warehouse.) Absolutely amazing how much money you can save when you don't do anything or go anywhere for 3 weeks short of a year doing nothing but trees and ice storm cleanup! Once it's all done, we won't be doing much in the way of house maintenance for years and years. THEN, THEN you can count on us being down there more often.
Skipper
Co-owner of the S.S. Buddy Love

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just had a new A/C unit installed inside and out. The A/C company put what they call a corrosion grenade (looks like a zinc anode we use at work) on my outside coils to help keep them from getting corroded from the Flour Bluff elements. I will let ya'll know if it works. (It may work on trucks too)...Adios

Skipper
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corpusfishing.com Forum Index -> General Saltwater Fishing Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: