Corpusfishing.com Forum Index Corpusfishing.com
Fishing Reports and information for the Coastal Bend

HOME | SITE INDEX | WEATHER | LINKS | TIDES | BUY FISHING BOOKS | BOB HALL CAM | SFCCI| GUIDES                             
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PINS/Bird Island Saturday

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corpusfishing.com Forum Index -> General Saltwater Fishing Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tarzan
Member White Shrimper Boot Club

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:13 am    Post subject: PINS/Bird Island Saturday Reply with quote

I decided to pack up the wife and kids for a long needed PINS trip Saturday afternoon. I thought it would be a great chance to get my new Toyota down the beach, get the family out of the house for a while, visit with good friends Hardhead and Linda, and mabey get into the fish for a bit. Wrong!! We pulled off the blacktop just after noon and saw surf breaking out to cuba, sargassum covering the low beach, and the tide was pushing midway up the beach. Anyway, we decided to try for the 10 to see Hardhead and bumped our way to about the 7 before turning back. As we were pulling back into snowbird city around 1:30 or so the water was almost to the high road and had hit the dune line in a few spots. I can just imagine the high banks Crying or Very sad . Decided to check out Bird Island and it was very nice. Packed, but we found a spot and got some sun while the kids played. The water was pretty clear so I busted out a few shrimp/fishbites to the edge of the channel with no takers. At 2:00pm on a Saturday the boats were non stop. I did see some guys using the fillet table at the boat ramp but we were too far away to see the catch. Coming off at around 4:00 the traffic was backed up from the Packery bridge to the causway heading onto the beach. Cops were everywhere. I think it is gonna get crazy this year.
later,
Ernie

BTW-Has anybody here just parked and waded to Pita Island? Is it a long walk? Is it muddy or packed?
Bluffer
Full Grown Flour Bluffian

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject: Re: PINS/Bird Island Saturday Reply with quote

Tarzan wrote:

BTW-Has anybody here just parked and waded to Pita Island? Is it a long walk? Is it muddy or packed?

Wade to Pita Island? Dont think so, Its even a hefty yak paddle there from Laguna shores rd.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corpusfishing.com Forum Index -> General Saltwater Fishing Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: