Corpusfishing.com Forum Index Corpusfishing.com
Fishing Reports and information for the Coastal Bend

HOME | SITE INDEX | WEATHER | LINKS | TIDES | BUY FISHING BOOKS | BOB HALL CAM | SFCCI| GUIDES                             
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Arroyo Colorado fishing?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corpusfishing.com Forum Index -> General Saltwater Fishing Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
edwardsjethro

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:37 am    Post subject: Arroyo Colorado fishing? Reply with quote

Hello! We have a house booked on the Arroyo Colorado the first week of May. First time going. We will have kids in tow for pier fishing.
BayFly
Full Grown Flour Bluffian

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although have never fished or stayed in one of the houses along the river which allows one to fish there At least one, if not others here have and have posted threads here you might view. I don't recall the poster's name, but he has posted several times here and is very much into the gear he uses. If I can recall the persons id I will repost for you.
I think the person who has posted several times about fishing there is "buldog1935", and has posted on the fly fishing forum, as well. Maybe you could look at his prior posts?
TexasJim
Horse Mullet

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

edwardsjethro: I've fished the Arroyo many times, but only once at a waterfront house. In March, several of us were there. The best "catching" off the dock was around 4:00 AM. Use some "glow" artificials, or live shrimp. Very small, dark blue plastics worked best. Turn the dock lights on before dark, to keep the fish around. Pitch into the dark, and slowly drag your bait into the light.
I usually fish 6 miles East to the ICW in my skiff.

If you have some specific questions, you can send me a PM. I know bulldog1935. He's a tremendous source of info, but he doesn't post here much. Might respond to a PM, maybe not. Have fun!
Oh, yeah, don't fail to eat at Chilly Willy's. Best(and only) restaurant. TexasJim
Central Scrutinizer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TexasJim wrote:
Best(and only) restaurant. TexasJim

You are right about that, Boss!
rodandroll

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there was a guy on here a couple of years ago who fished AC every year and did a lot of posting on it. think his name was bulldog1935. do some research and you may get some good info on the area and its fishing potential.

Even duct tape can't fix stupid ... but it can muffle the sound!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corpusfishing.com Forum Index -> General Saltwater Fishing Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: