Corpusfishing.com Forum Index Corpusfishing.com
Fishing Reports and information for the Coastal Bend

HOME | SITE INDEX | WEATHER | LINKS | TIDES | BUY FISHING BOOKS | BOB HALL CAM | SFCCI| GUIDES                             
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bluff's Landing selling their boat slips?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corpusfishing.com Forum Index -> General Saltwater Fishing Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaptinAcademy
Flour Bluffian in training

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:25 pm    Post subject: Bluff's Landing selling their boat slips? Reply with quote

I got an email from an Austin realtor today, I suppose because I used to have my boat at their storage, Bluff's Landing are offering slips, for sale, starting at $75k...

Cashing out?

Generating Cash for something else?
Rebecca of Sunnybrookfarm
Full Grown Flour Bluffian

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they're trying to cash out at least some before they go upside down and the bank gets it back....which is the way they're headed with kicking out the Laguna Reef restaurant and the locals that kept them going through the winter...
becky

ziacatcher wrote:
However I bet if you were fishing naked Ranger Rick would have a problem with that
Rxfire
Member White Shrimper Boot Club

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At $300/month, it would pay off in about 21 years... But I remember the staff there telling me that the lifts failed at a rate of about "1 or 2 per year", and "made a hell of a noise when they broke". So I guess if you buy one, you fix it. And how would the deed read? Do you get an easement, too? Liveaboards OK?
CaptinAcademy
Flour Bluffian in training

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the slips were renting for twice that last I heard.
Also there was language about an HOA as well written in there.
Nope, don't ask me how I know about that.. Confused
ziacatcher

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the houses in the area that they bought and were renting out there now for sale
Rxfire

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is one of those houses:

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/111-Caribbean-Dr_Corpus-Christi_TX_78418_M84306-13675?from=srp-map

I think they missed their "window of opportunity" when interest rates went up. Now that interest rates are up, maybe they want to put their money in CD's and collect interest money.
Rebecca of Sunnybrookfarm

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

they need to get Laguna Reef cranked up again and get people down there....they didn't realize that the restaurant was the glue that held that place together...
becky

ziacatcher wrote:
However I bet if you were fishing naked Ranger Rick would have a problem with that
Rxfire

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent observation, it was not obvious, but you are right.
Central Scrutinizer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebecca of Sunnybrookfarm wrote:
they need to get Laguna Reef cranked up again and get people down there....they didn't realize that the restaurant was the glue that held that place together...
becky

The sign has gone up on Waldron, across from the O'Reilly's and the Cop Substation (formerly the Game Room, formerly the BBQ Place, formerly the Blue Store, formerly Nunzio's, formerly Guido's........ Laughing Laughing ) and the Laguna Reef Owners plan on bringing a 'take-out/drive thru' seafood restaurant experience to the middle of the Bluff.

God Help You, Young Soldier. (That's why Boat&Net went under). Rolling Eyes
BayFly

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I read in their offering the boat slips are being sold on a condominium scheme, where as a buyer would pay a monthly fee to afford the up keep of the facilities, possibly including the individual lifts. If you think about it there is a lot more then lifts, but roof, supports, etc. including keeping the bottom clear and dredged out, not to mention keeping the floating grass maintained and clear of the ramps. The lifts are a source of income, but also a maintenance problem which the condo scheme shifts to others.
I don't think the old Laguna Reef was necessarily so important to their success, but the substantial investment in the rehabbed restaurant and the failure thereof probably put a real crimp in their net proceeds. At least from my point of view. Rolling Eyes
This is the offering I received with limited details on what one would be buying:https://bluffslanding.kurbgroup.com/?utm_campaignid=20906462145&utm_adgroupid=158223264220&utm_targetid&utm_network=d&utm_device=c&utm_keyword&utm_matchtype&utm_placement=www.thehulltruth.com&utm_adposition&utm_source=Display%20Ad&utm_campaign=Bluffs%20Landing&utm_adgroup=Dynamic&ad-track=true&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIhIHagqLqgwMVhZVbCh3Dug9-EAEYASAAEgIOT_D_BwE
Rxfire

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The restaurant was working OK. But then they raised the rent. And they raised the boat launch fee. In effect, they are raising the rent again on the boat slips now. The restaurant is closed. I think the Landing (their other, mostly sandwiches, dinery across the street from the marina) is still open (but I am not sure), and the lodging is open. They should raise their lodging fees, since they are reasonable now, and that would be the nail in the coffin. "Sell" the boat slips, then go bankrupt? What ever happened to the deal to buy the street (mostly Wyndale Street) in front of the marina? I monitored the Planning Commission listings for a while, but never saw it come up on the agenda.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corpusfishing.com Forum Index -> General Saltwater Fishing Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: