Corpusfishing.com Forum Index Corpusfishing.com
Fishing Reports and information for the Coastal Bend

HOME | SITE INDEX | WEATHER | LINKS | TIDES | BUY FISHING BOOKS | BOB HALL CAM | SFCCI| GUIDES                             
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A long mind clearing drift.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corpusfishing.com Forum Index -> General Saltwater Fishing Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ziacatcher
Full Grown Flour Bluffian

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:20 pm    Post subject: A long mind clearing drift. Reply with quote

Been dealing with some issues lately and I just needed to get out on the water by myself away from everybody and just clear the mind. I started out just driving and then I got to Laguna shores shoreline and made one long about 30 minutes drift or so. I didn't care if I caught a fish or not I was just needing to be on the water. I tried all kinds of different lures just for the hell of it and I wound up catching about 25 trout and one undersized red. Among the trout there were only six keepers and the biggest one went about 20. Took a nice slow ride home and when I got back I just sat on the dock popped open an IPA and felt relaxed.

awesum
Member White Shrimper Boot Club

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2023 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good catch!

Sorry to hear about the issues and hope it's short lived.
ziacatcher

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks
Southeast Of Disorder
Horse Mullet

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zia... I know this feeling.... Not much in my life can top being on the water and pulling a nice quiet drift to ponder life situations and questions.

Its a good thing for sure.... trying to do this Friday or Saturday.
Your not alone.
ziacatcher

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2023 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Southeast! I met my son out at one of the spoil islands today and we dressed out a blind for duck season. I know the season started but ducks aren't really here yet. After we finished I went and started heading back home and stopped to fish. Fish were really acting strange today. I was throwing my typical tequila and retrieved it like I normally do and hardly got a nibble. Then I slowed my retrieve down and when I thought I was going to slow I would go even slower. To the point where I had my lure sit on the ground for several seconds and barely twitch it and do the same. I wound up catching six keeper trout, including the one in the picture that almost went 21-in. I released everything but this one because it swallowed to hook deep and there's no way I could get it out without killing it so brought it home for dinner. Not only was the bite slow but the frequency of the bite was slow as well. I made about 15 to 20 casts between hits but everyone was a trout between 18 and over 20 in. On a way back in I made a stop close to home and the bite was more frequent but everyone was about 14 in. Still a great time out on the water. It's amazing how the water can just relax you.

Tyler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2023 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job, Zia!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corpusfishing.com Forum Index -> General Saltwater Fishing Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: