Corpusfishing.com Forum Index Corpusfishing.com
Fishing Reports and information for the Coastal Bend

HOME | SITE INDEX | WEATHER | LINKS | TIDES | BUY FISHING BOOKS | BOB HALL CAM | SFCCI| GUIDES                             
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Neither rain nor cold…

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corpusfishing.com Forum Index -> General Saltwater Fishing Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Prof. Salt
Full Grown Flour Bluffian

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:13 pm    Post subject: Neither rain nor cold… Reply with quote

Not much keeps me from pursuing fish if they’re in the shallows, and this mornings cool rain and winds failed to put a damper on the festivities. I looked at conditions and decided to launch late, so at 8:30 I hit the water and began the search. Sixteen miles of searching turned up fish after fish that were oversized, but I also managed to locate one 24” red to ride home with me. I guess it was my turn for some misadventures because flies broke off during fights, plastics did too, hooks pulled and a few fish spooked before I could entice them to eat. I found cawlers, schools of fish and more crawlers, on skinny flats and in drains, since the tide was pouring out of the shallows. After the rain got heavy and soaked me to the bone I soldiered on for four more hours before I had enough and headed for the truck. I guess the fish can breathe easy until next weekend. 😆 Thankfully the heater works well, and by the time I got home I was comfortable and ready to clean up the gear.

ziacatcher

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way to go, glenn!
Central Scrutinizer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:16 am    Post subject: Re: Neither rain nor cold… Reply with quote

Prof. Salt wrote:
.. After the rain got heavy and soaked me to the bone I soldiered on for four more hours

My 1 big take-away from my time in the US Army Infantry -

When it rains, you can only get so wet, ...... then it just rolls right off of you.
Learn to Embrace the Suck!
[Well, that and the effective down-range kill zone for a Claymore mine, and how to properly place C-4 explosives to split an I-Beam Shocked ]
jnd1959
Horse Mullet

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Learn to Embrace the Suck!

Outdoor words to live by. I've been at 13K feet in a hail storm, rained constantly on a 20 mile hike and broke ice in a duck boat when the motor died.

Sometimes, that's all you can do.
jnd1959
Horse Mullet

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and, in case there is a zombie apocalypse, what exactly is the downrange kill zone of a claymore mine?

Asking for a friend.
Central Scrutinizer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jnd1959 wrote:
and, in case there is a zombie apocalypse, what exactly is the downrange kill zone of a claymore mine?

Asking for a friend.

The steel balls are projected in a 60° fan-shaped pattern that is 6.6 ft high and 55 yd wide at a range of 55 yd. The fragments can travel up to 270 yd, and the optimum effective range is 55 yd, at which the optimal balance is achieved between lethality and area coverage, with a hit probability of 30% on a man-sized target. Cool
Tyler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2023 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Report, Professor! Thanks for the pics!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corpusfishing.com Forum Index -> General Saltwater Fishing Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: