Corpusfishing.com Forum Index Corpusfishing.com
Fishing Reports and information for the Coastal Bend

HOME | SITE INDEX | WEATHER | LINKS | TIDES | BUY FISHING BOOKS | BOB HALL CAM | SFCCI| GUIDES                             
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bayside Boat Ramp Question
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corpusfishing.com Forum Index -> General Saltwater Fishing Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rebecca of Sunnybrookfarm
Full Grown Flour Bluffian

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:59 am    Post subject: Re: Bayside boat ramp update Reply with quote

CopanoCruisin wrote:
FYI, the Bayside Boat ramp is closed again. Last week they mobilized a pontoon excavator and started digging it out again. Sad part is if they don’t extend the breakwater out, I seriously think it will silt in again, just as quick. Oh well, such as life in small town America. Just saying……….cC

ok, since this original thread, my company has been hired to design and permit a breakwater, so that is underway with funding for construction coming in next year...I don't need to tell you that permitting these days is lengthy at best...

but yes, the contractor is supposed to be fixing the boat ramp and dredging the area out to about where the current breakwater is/was. ...I think theyre removing that too, and we're building a much bigger one, plus planting some marsh between the ramp and 136...

so, does it silt in from the river flowing down stream, or from the southeast wind forcing sand and silt into that corner? need to know how to armor it best, and your opinions will be helpful
becky

ziacatcher wrote:
However I bet if you were fishing naked Ranger Rick would have a problem with that
TexasJim
Horse Mullet

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sent you a PM, Rebecca. TexasJim
CopanoCruisin

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news Rebecca. Thank you ever so much for update!😎😃……..cC
txredfish1
Finger Mullet

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 8:48 am    Post subject: Bayside Ramp Reply with quote

A friend told me that a friend of his said that he called Refigio. They said it was dredged last week. So I am confused.
bwguardian

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw this on another fishing forum...2coolfishing...and posted this there:

Dang it...but I did notice the sand build up along the inside of the pilings when I took the yak out last month...the orange line in the picture below. I was skeptical this would happen again given it's a design issue...the materials and methods used are good though...I just didn't think it would happen this fast. Looks like the sand is getting in there on and out going tide from the adjacent area between the bridge and the ramp...black arrow in the picture. I think the way to solve...or at least slow it down alot...would be to build another piling wall in a reverse fashion to an entrance/exit into clean water where there's less sand...red line in picture.

Years ago the ramp at the end of Texas City Dike would silt up...not to mention the big waves from the big ships creating havoc...and something similar to my picture was done way back when. It works given it's still the way it was designed, but they may have to dredge it every once in a while for all I know...still a better solution. It very well may become a kayak, john boat, etc. ramp like I've seen happen here locally...Louis's comes to mind.

Well, I can't figure out how to attach a picture so here is the link to the aforementioned post which includes the picture...see post #4: https://www.2coolfishing.com/threads/bayside-ramp.2730319/?post_id=24184226#post-24184226
TexasJim
Horse Mullet

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bw: Hopefully, that's what Rebecca's firm will suggest. Maybe Refugio will have the money to build it. TexasJim
CopanoCruisin

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don’t be confused Trxredfish1, they did dig it out with a pontoon excavator, although all the spoil material is still piled up in the parking lot and access area to the boat ramp. I feel like they will let it dry there and then Dispose of it as their permit states. Oh well, all this stuff takes time……….cC😎
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corpusfishing.com Forum Index -> General Saltwater Fishing Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: