Corpusfishing.com Forum Index Corpusfishing.com
Fishing Reports and information for the Coastal Bend

HOME | SITE INDEX | WEATHER | LINKS | TIDES | BUY FISHING BOOKS | BOB HALL CAM | SFCCI| GUIDES                             
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New stickbow

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corpusfishing.com Forum Index -> Hunting South Texas Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Prof. Salt
Full Grown Flour Bluffian

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:32 am    Post subject: New stickbow Reply with quote

After taking a deer with the longbow last year, I couldn't help myself when I had some extra cash. I wanted a shorter bow if possible, and one that wouldn't pinch my fingers at the needed 30" draw. After researching I ordered a custom 54" 40lb Shrew bow and although it took eight months to get it built and in my hands, man is it sweet! The Black Hunter seemed so light and quiet when I began using it, and the Shrew takes those qualities to a much higher level. The mass is about half of the first bow, and it is six inches shorter which makes it much easier to use in a ground blind or tight spaces. The finish is matte and a pleasure to look at up close. Laid side by side, the Shrew looks more like a toy, but on the range it puts arrows in the target with every bit as much speed/energy as the Black Hunter. I had to wait until my son got back from an elk trip to see if we even have room for a deer, but now that his elk is processed and put away there's room and I'm excited for those up-close moments to come.

Southeast Of Disorder
Horse Mullet

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that will be fun. Post pics when you nail one
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corpusfishing.com Forum Index -> Hunting South Texas Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: