Corpusfishing.com Forum Index Corpusfishing.com
Fishing Reports and information for the Coastal Bend

HOME | SITE INDEX | WEATHER | LINKS | TIDES | BUY FISHING BOOKS | BOB HALL CAM | SFCCI| GUIDES                             
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

VOTE, VOTE, VOTE Tomorrow!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BayFly
Full Grown Flour Bluffian

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:35 pm    Post subject: VOTE, VOTE, VOTE Tomorrow! Reply with quote

I know bulldog1935 is going to get on my case, because this is not a fishing report, but it's important everyone votes tomorrow if you have not already voted! A vote for Trump would be preferred! Laughing
bulldog1935

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey, I voted Oct 13

The trick is to get people in Milwaukee, Philly and Cincinnati to vote for Trump.
I'll always remember my tax breaks.
I figure Donny bought this kayak for me 2 years ago, so that's what I named it.

BayFly

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks tippy! Laughing
bulldog1935

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is - stationary, you can only keep your balance using thigh straps - maybe.
Every time out, have to relax and find your sea-butt.
No chines, you lean against the thigh straps to turn.
But it's rocket fast - 5 kt is nothing. It's also 39 lbs, and easy to carry.
Even though I have it rigged, don't really use it as a fishing boat, but a fast taxi to wading water.

here BayFly, politics.
The Bluing of Texas goes hand-in-hand with a decidedly withering Green.
The equities moving here are the same people who destroyed the western Colorado River and killed the largest mangrove estuary on Earth.
We need desalination for public water supply 20 years ago - we continue to take more water from the ground.
Reduced river discharges combined with increased fertilizer runoff choke our rivers with hair algae, produce the brown tides zia frequently disdains, and starve our bays of needed calcium for invertebrate reproduction.
The CCA is being duped by the Sierra Club, whose only pipe dream is to stifle industry growth.
--off soapbox--

Last edited by bulldog1935 on Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:11 am; edited 1 time in total
awesum
Member White Shrimper Boot Club

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulldog1935 wrote:

Texas came through better than I was afraid they would.
bd0202

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesum wrote:
bulldog1935 wrote:

Texas came through better than I was afraid they would.

Agreed. But this is somewhat what I expected. Mail in ballots slowing counts down. Then watch, once the "final" counts are in, out will come the lawyers. FOX News was already talking lawyers last night. This might end up being 2000 all over again...
bd0202

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulldog1935 wrote:
We need desalination for public water supply 20 years ago - we continue to take more water from the ground...

...The CCA is being duped by the Sierra Club, whose only pipe dream is to stifle industry growth.

Sad that the desal plant they're building is only for industrial works directly related to the VLCC terminal, otherwise I'd support it. Lives don't matter, money matters.

Interesting about CCA. My membership needs to be renewed, but if that's the case, I may stop supporting them. I'd like to see more info about this. I'll research it. I don't need it spoon-fed to me like the rest of my ingrate generation.
BayFly

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As one who has been involved with CCA from almost the beginning, the advice I have for anyone who is not particularly happy about something that is going on with CCA is to get involved and help change it. CCA is run by volunteers for the most part. That being said, there are a few of people who run the everyday business of the organization. Quitting CCA is not the answer for CCA or an interested party who wants to preserve the resource we enjoy so much.
BayFly

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"The equities moving here are the same people who destroyed the western Colorado River and killed the largest mangrove estuary on Earth."

I'm not familiar with what you are referencing with regard to destroying the largest mangrove estuary on Earth. Please explain, Thank you.
bulldog1935

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

--back on soapbox--
for the first time in 16 years, the Colorado River reached the sea:
https://blog.nationalgeographic.org/2014/05/19/a-sacred-reunion-the-colorado-river-returns-to-the-sea/
The mouth of the Colorado at the Gulf of California was once the largest mangrove estuary on Earth - the death of that estuary happened within our lifetimes

Same thing has been happening to the Nueces since 2003, and the river is contracted to be Corpus Christi sole water source through 2040. Every time I drive past Labonte Park, I cringe for the future of our bays.
The Guadalupe will be the next to go dry.

In 1955, the Guadalupe river stopped at Spring Branch (25 miles above Canyon Lake where Trinity aquifer takes water from the river) - until the new millennium, that was the first time on historic record, the 1955 drought of record.
From 2005 to 2015, the Guadalupe stopped there in 7 of those years - these years did not constitute a new drought of record.

In order to slow down the death of our bays, we're going to need a water grid that's similar to the electric grid to get desal water from the gulf to the cities, and we needed that 20 years ago.
The only way to preclude this need would be to build the wall on the Red River instead of the Rio Grande. Water permits for people, neighborhoods and golf courses will always be granted. The only way to supply this water is to make it by desalination.
What do you think is the source of "Harbor Island water will only be used for Industry" - the Sierra Club - Wake Up.
BayFly

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please pardon my ignorance, but why is it in the sierra club's interest for the referenced desal plant to be exclusively for industry?
bulldog1935

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sierra club wants to starve the people to save the shrimp - it will never happen. They duped CCA into believing the new desal plant is only for industry. At the same time, their intent is to stifle industry growth - is this thing on? That will never happen either, and more water will be taken from the ground.

Stopping desal on the TX coast can only kill the shrimp. In CA, they do the same thing - protest every proposed desal plant while they take more water from the Colorado.
If I was Mexican, I'd be pushing for war on California.
BayFly

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

O.K., it's about the shrimp, but how does the sierra club think desal plants will or can effect shrimp. Is it all about shrimp, regardless of stage, and the intake of salt water?
bulldog1935

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, you review sierra club and CCA protests that are holding up Harbor Island permit in court.
Been doing my homework on this since 2005, and my legislators are probably tired of receiving my e-mails.
I submitted my in-favor comment to TCEQ two years ago before they Approved the permit that's now held up in court.

Here' are good reports to review for background - these include the academic scientists who approved the permit that's now held up in court.
https://www.tceq.texas.gov/permitting/water_rights/wr_technical-resources/eflows/nueces-bbasc
Rxfire

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:00 pm    Post subject: Re: VOTE, VOTE, VOTE Tomorrow! Reply with quote

[quote="BayFly"]... this is not a fishing report, but it's important everyone votes tomorrow if you have not already voted! A vote for Trump would be preferred! Laughing[/quote="BayFly"]

Wank wah! So sad too bad.

As Oat Willie said "Onward Thru the Fog!". Thanks for voting!

P.S. This state is run by Republican politicians and their donors. Any environmental stains on our state for the past 25 years has been while Republicans held power over all state agencies and policies. It is still happening. Keep voting Republican!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corpusfishing.com Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: