Corpusfishing.com Forum Index Corpusfishing.com
Fishing Reports and information for the Coastal Bend

HOME | SITE INDEX | WEATHER | LINKS | TIDES | BUY FISHING BOOKS | BOB HALL CAM | SFCCI| GUIDES                             
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Yak fishing partner - Corpus

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corpusfishing.com Forum Index -> Kayaking Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Will B
Finger Mullet

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 11:45 am    Post subject: Yak fishing partner - Corpus Reply with quote

Hi folks,

I'm up in Georgetown and about a year ago moved back to TX after living up in WY for several years. I get down to the Corpus coast a fair bit now and I'm hoping to hook up with a crew of guys who like to yak fish. I got hooked on it up north a few years ago. I know my way around salt water fishing both inshore and offshore, and am hoping to do a bit of both. I'm a decent paddler, and understand my water. I just prefer not to get out on big water alone. Anyhow, if anybody is looking or willing to pick up another fishing partner, let me know. My next trip down will be the week of Memorial Day. Cheers and tight lines
BayFly
Full Grown Flour Bluffian

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing I see you did! Hope you get one of these yakers to join you soon! This is not to say I don't enjoy yaking, but I hate the paddling! Like Tyler, I'm refurbishing my Wilderness Rides with some modern seats, due to my not liking to sit in water!
Will B
Finger Mullet

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha! Yeah man, a wet bum is a drag. I've been working out of churched up cheapyaks for years. I'm finally about to upgrade to something Incan feel comfortable at sea with. Inshore is one thing, the ocean is another.
BayFly
Full Grown Flour Bluffian

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More power to you if you have what it takes to go to the wells in a kayak. I was a high risk taker must earlier in my life, but I don't think I could swim to shore these days, so I will just enjoy your posts! Smile
Will B
Finger Mullet

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm actually about as risk averae as they come. I just love getting out into the wilderness. Be prepared, have good partners, have a plan, stick to the plan.
IrishSharker
Horse Mullet

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive been out to the rigs a lot and plan being there all this weekend. If you ever need some backup let me know
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corpusfishing.com Forum Index -> Kayaking Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: