Corpusfishing.com Forum Index Corpusfishing.com
Fishing Reports and information for the Coastal Bend

HOME | SITE INDEX | WEATHER | LINKS | TIDES | BUY FISHING BOOKS | BOB HALL CAM | SFCCI| GUIDES                             
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lighthouse Lakes Knowledge

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corpusfishing.com Forum Index -> Kayaking Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chiken97
Finger Mullet

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:39 am    Post subject: Lighthouse Lakes Knowledge Reply with quote

I planning to come down tomorrow for a quick day trip. I have a question about water levels. Typically springs tides are high. Saturday is showing a falling tide most of the day. With the forecasted north northeast winds. Will there be enough water to explore the back lakes? I want to take the chance to try some new water. Well new to me anyway. I have only fished the west edge closest to South Bay.
TexasJim
Horse Mullet

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The water levels have been running a foot over predicted. The wind went South overnight, which SHOULD keep water in the lakes, at least for the weekend.
Catch 'em up! TexasJim
Chiken97
Finger Mullet

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the response Jim. I Was also considering The far west side of Hog Island flats. I am not sure of the depth of this flat. I have had good luck at Stedmans & Brown & Root but I want to expand my horizons.
TexasJim
Horse Mullet

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now the weather liars are saying the winds will shift to northeast Saturday night. Won't affect LHL much. The flats on the west side of Hog can produce. If you can catch the tide flooding out of the shrimper channel onto the flats, fish lay in wait there. If it's falling off the flats, sometime the fish are just under the drop-off. I've done better close to the Hog west shore around points and cuts. Supposed to be clear and hot. Good luck. TexasJim
bulldog1935
Full Grown Flour Bluffian

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there's a NW coming - if so, that pushes water out of the bay system, and East Flats fishes really well on that wind.
http://www.texaskayakfisherman.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2274808#p2274808
Note Neumie's post I linked in turn links to an interactive map with All kayak launch points.
It's OK to launch at Islands Mooring, but you have to stage your gear on the grass and keep your vehicle away from boat/trailer traffic and park a good distance in their parking lot.

Chiken97
Finger Mullet

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

East Flats has been on my list to try as well Bulldog. I am gonna pass this time around. I have my Diablo Amigo loaded up and it is a barge. I really wanted to do some sight casting. I will take my Tarpon another time to give it a try. I will post a report either Sat. evening or Sun.
bulldog1935
Full Grown Flour Bluffian

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that's a good call - it's a 6-7-mi day to fish East Flats.
Lighthouse Lakes sounds like the best idea.
The pass right across Aransas channel from the gazebo launch fishes well on a falling tide, as well as the next cut (back of this photo).
Also, any N wind pushing water out of LHL will make those cuts fish well.

With the Diablo, you could have some pretty good sight-fishing in all the little lakes to the East.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corpusfishing.com Forum Index -> Kayaking Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: