Corpusfishing.com Forum Index Corpusfishing.com
Fishing Reports and information for the Coastal Bend

HOME | SITE INDEX | WEATHER | LINKS | TIDES | BUY FISHING BOOKS | BOB HALL CAM | SFCCI| GUIDES                             
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Calling all weatherman wantabys

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sinker
Flour Bluffian in training

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:35 pm    Post subject: Calling all weatherman wantabys Reply with quote

So since I am bored and since our winter home is NPI I monitor weather there.
Today the dew point is CC is 75 and here it is 18

We have talked about moving tp NPI as primary but I do not think these old people can acclimate to the climate.

We are however making our travel plans to arrive mid October but return to Wyoming for all the holidays in November and returning early December.
bd0202
Member White Shrimper Boot Club

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not even a wannabe like I should as an aviator, but that seems opposite of what this are should be seeing. The closer to the water, the higher your dewpoint should be. Also the closer the dewpoint is to the actual temperature, the higher your chances for rain. 100% match = it probably is raining or about to rain. But closer to the water you should be seeing the 75% vs. the inland areas like Robstown or the airport which could easily be at 18% at the same time. I'm not saying it's impossible, it's just rare.

Also worth mentioning with just ~30 miles between the two areas, the difference should never be that great unless you're looking it up literally as a squall line or front passes through.
Sinker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey bd0202
What is your opinion on the statement that the ambient temperature can not drop below the dew pint temperature?
bd0202

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sinker wrote:
Hey bd0202
What is your opinion on the statement that the ambient temperature can not drop below the dew pint temperature?

My opinion is the truth, because I've seen it, once anyway. It can, but extremely rare? Yes. Rain? Not necessarily. Seems more common in colder temps, so more likely to be a sign of snow, ice, sleet, or all of the above. In Texas, GL seeing it happen south of Dallas. Wink

But what I was truly referring to was this:
Sinker wrote:
We have talked about moving tp NPI as primary but I do not think these old people can acclimate to the climate.

We are however making our travel plans to arrive mid October but return to Wyoming for all the holidays in November and returning early December.

We have almost as big a winter market here as we do a summer market. Because when summer dissipates and turns "cold", we start receiving "Winter Texans", aka Snowbirds. Old folks migrating south for warmer places for the winter. They start going home about this time of year, just as the summer traffic starts picking up again. Wink Laughing

Pretty sure you;re including yourself in that type - but you'd be surprised how many I've met that just give up on the migration and adapt. Florida is another good example. Move on down, become full time Texans.
Sinker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx for your response.
I have seen the dew point temperature in a negative number.
I have also seen the ambient temperature at negative -38 with a clear sky and what moisture in the air freezing and falling in what appears to be snow flakes but the correct term is diamond dust.
One of the reasons we migrate south.
We have considered purchasing some vacation rental property where there is property management to take care of rentals in our absence but have not found the right deal yet.
Have you considered migrating north during the
Texas hotter than the hinges of hell summers.
bd0202

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sinker wrote:
Thanx for your response.
I have seen the dew point temperature in a negative number.
I have also seen the ambient temperature at negative -38 with a clear sky and what moisture in the air freezing and falling in what appears to be snow flakes but the correct term is diamond dust.
One of the reasons we migrate south.
We have considered purchasing some vacation rental property where there is property management to take care of rentals in our absence but have not found the right deal yet.
Have you considered migrating north during the
Texas hotter than the hinges of hell summers.

I visit the north, will never 'migrate' there. I like my guns and saltwater too much! Laughing Love Michigan, especially western. Minnesota isn't bad either but it gets just as humid as it does in Houston there in the summer. I loved when they told me their state bird was the mosquito! LMAO

TBH I lived near your neck of the woods as a kid in Colorado for two years. Although very beautiful, we were just too far from home and the thin air wreaked havoc on our sinuses and other things. Not to mention, our first two white-outs scared the living piss out of us! I wouldn't mind a trip to Yellowstone and even Montana, but no interest in living there.

I've also been to northern California, Portland, and Seattle. All nice places, but all expesnive AF and all full of gun-hating, gender-inventing idiots.

An Old Joke I Love wrote:
Once a man from Texas passed away and was sent down to Hell for his sins. He was on line with many other sinners to be greeted by the Devil himself. Once the man faced the Horned Lucifer, Lucifer saw the man shaking and asked menacingly, "What's wrong? Do you fear my wrath of eternal damnation?!?"

The Texan looked the King of Demons straight in the eyes and said, "Nope, I just was wondering if I can go back and get my jacket. It's too fargin cold down here!"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corpusfishing.com Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: