Corpusfishing.com Forum Index Corpusfishing.com
Fishing Reports and information for the Coastal Bend

HOME | SITE INDEX | WEATHER | LINKS | TIDES | BUY FISHING BOOKS | BOB HALL CAM | SFCCI| GUIDES                             
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Melt Down at Walmarts, Sams and Costco's
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corpusfishing.com Forum Index -> General Saltwater Fishing Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FoldCatOne
Full Grown Flour Bluffian

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:42 pm    Post subject: Melt Down at Walmarts, Sams and Costco's Reply with quote

Covid-19 is causing runs on items like paper towels, water and toilet paper at these stores. Don't even dream about face masks or rubber gloves EXCEPT gloves can be found at Harbor Freight stores. 4 boxes of 100 gloves each per customer. It's getting crazy ouit there. Wonder how its going to affect Spring Break idiots??
I'm Ultra-Conservative - Rush is a Liberal
BayFly

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen this in Austin, as well as here in Corpus Christi. I was in a Sam's Thursday in Austin and the welcoming person said it looked like a Sunday there with so many people in the store. Almost every basket was filled with water, but the toilet paper supply was exhausted! Maybe someone can shed some light on the reasoning of these people.
Allen
Horse Mullet

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BayFly wrote:
Maybe someone can shed some light on the reasoning of these people.

Media driven panic. The sheeple have stampeded.
TexasJim
Horse Mullet

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We were discussing the toilet paper shortage, and one of our Winter Texan neighbors said her sister in Iowa offered to ship a load of corncobs down! TexasJim
ziacatcher

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just got back from HEB and some good news and bad news. Bad news is that almost all shelves are empty canned goods, toilet paper etc. good news beer aisle is fully stocked
texancare
Horse Mullet

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah , I noticed that too in Refugio, but the charcoil too? Glad I only needed beer. Also noticed no eggs ???
bd0202
Member White Shrimper Boot Club

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's happening all over the country. Saw it in Tulsa on a business trip. My mom near Austin, ex near La Grange, dad in San Antonio; Dallas, Houston - all the same situation. Eggs, tp, paper towels, sanitizer, gloves, masks - all SOLD OUT. Water and canned goods not far behind or already gone too. Beer supply = totally fine. It's like they're preparing for a hurricane with red tide germs, then forgetting the beer. Wouldn't be surprised if we start seeing people selling surplus on the roadsides for extremely high prices. Rolling Eyes

That reminds me, I have A LOT of paper towels due to a purchasing error a few weeks ago, and if you run into a jam in the bathroom, I can help you out. $5/roll or $15 for three and a half. Limit 6/family. Rolling Eyes Shocked Wink I also have tickets to NASCAR Weekend at TMSW as well as beer, but there seems to be no current market on those. Question

But yet, it hasn't even put a bit of a hamper on Spring Break. Hmmmmmm How is the beer supply not low too? Laughing

Agreed, media over-sensationalism, plus a lack of general guidance for preparation and prevention. Best place you can be right now is fishing, far from the SB beaches, sippin a beer.
TexasJim
Horse Mullet

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, well. All is not lost. We spotted our first hummingbird of the season yesterday. Hope it didn't migrate here from China. Or Washington State. Or California! TexasJim
bd0202

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohio & Illinois closing all bars until further notice. HEB changing ALL store hours to 8-8 in order to be able to restock supplies. Just checked curbside pickup and delivery times - nothing available until Saturday.

THIS IS BAD.
ziacatcher

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On eBay people are selling partial rolls of toilet paper.
SandJKENNELS
Flour Bluffian in training

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buy ammo lol can always eat then. Plenty of game animals to eat lol.
ziacatcher

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear they're selling toilet paper infused with THC. So maybe when people use it it will calm their asses down.
BayFly

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's funny Zia! The assault on the grocery stores continues here in Austin. I stood in lines at two stores this AM to get things for an injured daughter, and at one a store employee came out and got my list, did my shopping, and then came and got me for payment! She explained they were trying to keep the elderly from having to be in the store around so many shoppers. That's the first time I was advantaged by being old, except at What-A-Burger where they give me a "senior's drink"! Cool
awesum

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BayFly wrote:
That's funny Zia! The assault on the grocery stores continues here in Austin. I stood in lines at two stores this AM to get things for an injured daughter, and at one a store employee came out and got my list, did my shopping, and then came and got me for payment! She explained they were trying to keep the elderly from having to be in the store around so many shoppers. That's the first time I was advantaged by being old, except at What-A-Burger where they give me a "senior's drink"! Cool

Laughing Where's the "like" button on here?
HungerBuster
Flour Bluffian in training

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our HEB here just outside of Austin is fully stocked (eggs, butter AND flour) Same with the Dollar General down the street. All good here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corpusfishing.com Forum Index -> General Saltwater Fishing Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: