Corpusfishing.com Forum Index Corpusfishing.com
Fishing Reports and information for the Coastal Bend

HOME | SITE INDEX | WEATHER | LINKS | TIDES | BUY FISHING BOOKS | BOB HALL CAM | SFCCI| GUIDES                             
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lenten dinner for my friends

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corpusfishing.com Forum Index -> General Saltwater Fishing Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ziacatcher
Full Grown Flour Bluffian

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:37 am    Post subject: Lenten dinner for my friends Reply with quote

Got out on the water about 9 this morning. Wanted to get out before the winds picked up and all the crazy boaters got on the water. Got in before the winds but some of the crazy boaters started showing up. It's amazing how they don't know etiquette out there on the water. Anyway, the fishing was another great day today. Although there were a lot more dinks than yesterday. I wound up with a double limit keeping five trout and the ratio was probably five to one dinks to keepers. Yep, I did catch that many fish. Also on my tequila gold sand eel I got this 30 in drum. It was fun to bring in. after I got it home and cleaned it I felt bad. That fat belly on her was just loaded with eggs. I've never seen so many like she had in her

Speaking of crazy boaters a interesting thing happened. I was making a drift catching fish and this guy pulls up not far from me. Well he has country and western music blaring on his radio on his boat. Fish just shut off. So many people don't realize how much that sound travels and its heavy bass on a boat banging in the water. Pulled up drift sock and left.
SaltyMutt
Member White Shrimper Boot Club

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the report. Got a buddy that is always putting videos of himself fishing from his boat with music blaring in the background.......He has never posted a video of a fish being caught. Coincidence? lol
Tyler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for another great report!
ziacatcher
Full Grown Flour Bluffian

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went out again this morning about 9:30, for some CPT, and worked the same spot. The first drift through the bite was heavy. Got7 keeper trout up to you 22in. next drift only three and then the next drift couple dinks. I did notice there were three types of water out there today. Almost Crystal Clear, stained, dirty. Most of the fish I caught we're in the stained or the transition between stained and dirty. Three the same lures as yesterday. After that third drift I decided to try to go find some redfish and was unsuccessful in doing so. But every place I stopped I did pick up another one or two keeper trout. This one was pushing 21 in

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corpusfishing.com Forum Index -> General Saltwater Fishing Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: