Corpusfishing.com Forum Index Corpusfishing.com
Fishing Reports and information for the Coastal Bend

HOME | SITE INDEX | WEATHER | LINKS | TIDES | BUY FISHING BOOKS | BOB HALL CAM | SFCCI| GUIDES                             
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tangentially 'Fish' Related - Butter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corpusfishing.com Forum Index -> Bbqing, Grilling, Frying, Recipes, and All Things Tasty
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Central Scrutinizer
Full Grown Flour Bluffian

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:27 am    Post subject: Tangentially 'Fish' Related - Butter Reply with quote

Filed here under Tasty Eats.

I recently made butter!!! Ridiculously EASY, especially with a food processor.

Large container of Heavy Whipping Cream, set on high with the whisk until it turns into whipped cream. Trade out the whisk and move to the paddle, Add a pnich or two of salt (optional), and turn down the speed once the buttermilk starts to get thrown out of the solids. (ask me how I know this !!! Wink ).

After it's formed, knead the butter under some cold running water to get rid of the remaining buttermilk, form it, and use 1/2 fresh and freeze the other half.!!! (No preservatives in it, so it won't last as long as store bought).

I know it ain't Earth Shattering, but I'd never done it before and was floored on just how easy it was.

Note* - Save the buttermilk, and use to make buttermilk biscuits! Slather on the fresh cream butter, top with some sausage white gravy, and you are in heaven!

Bet it would be great with any fresh fish filet or maybe some local crab....
rodandroll

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did it in my grandma's old ceramic butter crock with up and down plunger. Fond memories but what a PIA.

Even duct tape can't fix stupid ... but it can muffle the sound!!!
Tyler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have to try it!
Tyler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL!I just made some iced coffee and added my wife's favorite last bit of high dollar Kalona Supernatural Organic Whipping Cream to it for her and lo and behold at the bottom was a teaspoon or so of butter!
deputydawg

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me an momma been playing a lot in the kitchen since retirement. This is now on the list to try. Why..... just cuz! Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corpusfishing.com Forum Index -> Bbqing, Grilling, Frying, Recipes, and All Things Tasty All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: