Corpusfishing.com Forum Index Corpusfishing.com
Fishing Reports and information for the Coastal Bend

HOME | SITE INDEX | WEATHER | LINKS | TIDES | BUY FISHING BOOKS | BOB HALL CAM | SFCCI| GUIDES                             
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lamb Ribs - The Results

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corpusfishing.com Forum Index -> Bbqing, Grilling, Frying, Recipes, and All Things Tasty
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Central Scrutinizer
Full Grown Flour Bluffian

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:53 am    Post subject: Lamb Ribs - The Results Reply with quote

1,000 Thanks to all the Culinary Pros here on CF.com, in pointing out, "Boy, you got a fatty cut of meat, right there"! True to form, it was a fatty cut of meat Confused

So, when handed lemons, you make lemonade. Gave it an VERY aggressive trim, salt/pepper/and a dusting of homemade jalapeno power, and I opted for Plan B. An hour of smoke on some hickory, and then 35 minutes in the pressure cooker.

After the smoke, I seared it in the pressure cooker, and let it works it's magic (not many cuts of meat can withstand 'The Judge'!!!). Most of the fat that couldn't be cut out got rendered under pressure.

A rest, and then it got a drizzle of BBQ sauce and some parsley. Presented with my beverage of choice for Lamb! O.K., I'm not that picky, Hamms is pretty much my go-to for anything, and it a good choice for St. Patty's Day.

The hind ribs (on the left) were quite tasty, and the fat layers were not really an issue. The upper side (spare ribs) had layers of fat between layers of meat, so I imagine if one just dug into those, it would be off-putting. So, I cleaned them up, and made Mongo Lamb Sliders!!

Overall, I'd give it a 7. It's got a solid beat, and you can dance to it!

Probably more work to make a BBQ sandwich than it's worth, but the lamb has a nice texture and different flavor, so all-in-all, they came out pretty good. Wink A well spent $9.
Texican
Flour Bluffian in training

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thumbs up on the lamb job. Two thumbs up on the Hamm's (though the beer snob in me is avoiding eye contact). Laughing

PS: Screw you Photobucket!
Central Scrutinizer
Full Grown Flour Bluffian

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texican wrote:
Thumbs up on the lamb job. Two thumbs up on the Hamm's (though the beer snob in me is avoiding eye contact). Laughing

The HEB in the Bluff carries Hamms suitcases, just cause they got tired of me asking for it! Used to be Austin was the most southern area you could get it.
Texican
Flour Bluffian in training

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Central Scrutinizer wrote:
Texican wrote:

The HEB in the Bluff carries Hamms suitcases, just cause they got tired of me asking for it! Used to be Austin was the most southern area you could get it.

Years back the HEB in Universal City carried sixers of Hamm's tallboys. Then, one day, they disappeared. Several months ago it reappeared in suitcase form.
Guess I have you to thank for it.
PROSIT!

PS: Screw you Photobucket!
rawlbay
Member White Shrimper Boot Club

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it when HEB has that cut. Usually 12 bucks or so total. If you debone them (easier than it sounds), trim some of the fat, and pound them a little thinner you can make a fine roulade. I like a spinach and pine nut mixture with some raisins or dried cherries thrown in but you can do lots of stuff. Some people braise it in tomato sauce, but I prefer it cooked in a dry hot oven.
Tyler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boy that turned out great. I think the lamb ribs I tried were more like the ones you made sliders out. Way to make lemonade!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corpusfishing.com Forum Index -> Bbqing, Grilling, Frying, Recipes, and All Things Tasty All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: