Corpusfishing.com Forum Index Corpusfishing.com
Fishing Reports and information for the Coastal Bend

HOME | SITE INDEX | WEATHER | LINKS | TIDES | BUY FISHING BOOKS | BOB HALL CAM | SFCCI| GUIDES                             
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PINS 2/24/18 Big Shell Beach Cleanup

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corpusfishing.com Forum Index -> General Saltwater Fishing Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Towboat Trash
Member White Shrimper Boot Club

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:26 am    Post subject: PINS 2/24/18 Big Shell Beach Cleanup Reply with quote

"If you've got the money honey, I've got the time..."

--Lefty Frizzell, "If You've Got The Money (I've Got The Time), released Sep. 14, 1950

Howdy folks! Boy oh boy, I'm so fresh off a month on the boat that it's actually a challenge to keep it between the navigational beacons around here. Very Happy

Big Shell Big Beach Big Billy Big Cleanup was a success! Wait a minute did I say that right....? Told ya I was green off the boat!

Just wanted to share a few pics of the men and women and children that really did an amazing job down Island. As always, I was impressed. The 2018 Artist In Residence, Sue Wolfe, tagged along and has the "good" pics, but hey-us amateurs try our best!

But first--a blast from the past from previous cleanups!!!

It's always a rough time of year it seems!

And this pic was taken right before this piece of junk Dodge broke down and had to be towed right off that Park by a wrecker for about 400 bucks...

Of course, dragging a four wheeler behind the truck on a chain, and 1000 lbs of crap in the bed didn't help...but boy, did we have fun.... Laughing

But THIS year-was going to be quite foggy.

Yes it would.

Sue doing her thing!!

Absolutely heartwarming! Good job Dad! And boys!

What a blessed family! Love it!

And with Kathy 4 months pregnant with what we do believe is a boy....gosh I thought this was precious!

You go Sue!

But boy, that fog!

And wait! Is that "Tricky Ricky!?" Shake and bake "Bobby!"

Shake and bake!!! Laughing

And since Ricky was working so hard, he made a great photo op. Good job old boy!!

And the fog finally lifted!

And I dunno WHO this fella is or where he came from, but we lined him up for a picture anyways. Laughing

Thanks to every volunteer that brought themselves on out there in the fog to pick up trash, and to everyone else that like myself picked up some beachgoer's abandoned Eazy-Up and got smashed fingers. Very Happy Tear. Crying or Very sad I hear it was a record year for amount of trash and also folks in attendance. Another job well done. And if anyone figures out who that fella was with the sharktooth necklace and the white boots, can ya let me know? Very Happy And if ya ever get the chance to drive around too fast while dragging a Hurricane Ike washed in four-wheeler, give it a shot, because like most things we shouldn't be doing-it's fun. Very Happy I'm outta here before I get in trouble. Ya'll take care.

-Colin

www.padreislandexpeditions.com

Last edited by Towboat Trash on Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:32 am; edited 1 time in total
parrot
Horse Mullet

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for sharing Colin! Oh how I miss living down there. North Texas is a different experience. Lake fishing is not my thing! We are heading down for a Spring break trip (the perks of being a teacher!). See you on the beach.

Jacob Funk
Tyler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Colin! Great pics and story as usual. I wonder if and when Sue will share her pictures? I gave her a t-shirt at the wrap up and introduced myself to the photo rock star.
Towboat Trash
Member White Shrimper Boot Club

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyler wrote:
Thanks Colin! Great pics and story as usual. I wonder if and when Sue will share her pictures? I gave her a t-shirt at the wrap up and introduced myself to the photo rock star.

Tyler, I know she's working hand in hand with Pat over at the VC, and plans to edit them first. She releases quite a few on her Instagram at www.instagram.com/suewolfe4943 as well as on her facebook at "Sue Wolfe." Eventually they are going to end up on her website at www.where-2-next.com. I do believe she was waiting on our own Sir David Sikes to get with her, as he asked for some in his absence this year.

www.padreislandexpeditions.com
HungerBuster
Flour Bluffian in training

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else notice how the profiles on all the trucks are MUCH higher than they were ten years ago? Great "old" pics Very Happy The beach actually looks like its starting to take on more of a profile again, but still pretty darn flat. Thanks for sharing and thanks to everyone who volunteered their time and man power!
jocc
Finger Mullet

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job to all who participated!!!
shallowsport
Full Grown Flour Bluffian

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's some really good stuff there. Thanks for all the pictures.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corpusfishing.com Forum Index -> General Saltwater Fishing Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: