Corpusfishing.com Forum Index Corpusfishing.com
Fishing Reports and information for the Coastal Bend

HOME | SITE INDEX | WEATHER | LINKS | TIDES | BUY FISHING BOOKS | BOB HALL CAM | SFCCI| GUIDES                             
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cooking The Lowly Duck 1/15/2018

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corpusfishing.com Forum Index -> Bbqing, Grilling, Frying, Recipes, and All Things Tasty
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tyler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:55 am    Post subject: Cooking The Lowly Duck 1/15/2018 Reply with quote

This is a shot of a recent meal made using what some consider "inedible" duck. The lowly diver species the Ringneck.

Our friend says the Cajuns eat them and that's about it. Well this made him change his tune.

We cleaned the ducks and soaked in salted ice water for about 45 minutes. Then made a marinade much like you would do with fajita meat. Soy sauce, a few shots of Worcestershire sauce and minced garlic. We marinaded the duck breasts in there for just over an hour. Then preferably over a cast iron skillet on medium to medium high you add vegetable oil and butter. Then you cook the duck breasts for about 3 to 3.5 minutes a side so they caramelize on both sides. It all depends on your stove and cookware on the cooking length but you want medium rare. Then you can deglaze your pot with red wine, add thyme or other spices and reduce that, add butter and then pour over the cooked resting duck breasts. Even this lowly ringneck duck tasted like fillet minon. Honest

!

Last edited by Tyler on Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total
shallowsport
Full Grown Flour Bluffian

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You must of had a really good duck harvest this year. The recipes do look good.
Tyler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shallowsport wrote:
You must of had a really good duck harvest this year. The recipes do look good.

Not me so much as the folks I went hunting with who let me have some of theirs!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corpusfishing.com Forum Index -> Bbqing, Grilling, Frying, Recipes, and All Things Tasty All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: