Corpusfishing.com Forum Index Corpusfishing.com
Fishing Reports and information for the Coastal Bend

HOME | SITE INDEX | WEATHER | LINKS | TIDES | BUY FISHING BOOKS | BOB HALL CAM | SFCCI| GUIDES                             
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Laguna Reef

View previous topic :: View next topic  
shallowsport
Full Grown Flour Bluffian

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:13 pm    Post subject: Laguna Reef Reply with quote

Used to be a big fan of Laguna Reef Restaurant but not anymore. Have experienced the following problems. 1. Terrible service, to the point of being totally ignored. If you are alone or just two of you it could be a loooong wait. Add to this incorrect orders and long wait times, and you're off to a bad start. 2. Overcooked or undercooked food 3. Misrepresenting the fish you order. They will serve you frozen cod in lue of grouper, etc. They tend to be big on frozen items. 4. Watch your bill...they have a tendency towards overcharging. If paying in cash be patient for change. They will do a waiting game seeing if you will leave and they get it all as a tip.
I live just a couple of blocks from LR and have been a regular but I don't know that I can support them in their current standards.
On the plus side they have good views, cold beer, and a good bar. You have enough drinks maybe you will not notice the shortcomings.
topdog15

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with everything in this post. It used to be great place for us locals to have a good meal and a cold beer, but those days seem to be gone.
Tyler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was great the last two times I have been but I brought my own fish and tartar sauce.
Central Scrutinizer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm good friends with one of the 'management types', and have made similar comments to her about the lack of quality lately. She mentioned that there was a MASSIVE turnover in the kitchen staff (A.K.A. from Donald - You're Fired!) and I must say that it makes a huge difference. We were there a week or so ago, and it's the Laguna Reef I remember. Coconut shrimp'es were spot on, the tuna sandwich was terrific, the service was timely, and the beer was cold (although, the beer temp was never really a problem!!! Laughing Cool ). I'd give it a go, if looking for a quick get-a-way.
Skipper
Co-owner of the S.S. Buddy Love

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We ate there Saturday before Easter and the service was good. My brother had the Mahi Mahi, wife and I had the popcorn shrimp salad and my sisterinlaw had the combo. All seemed to be happy with the food and drinks. Waitress was very attentive. I'll go again and recommend it. My 2 cents... Adios

Skipper
BayFly

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a very old thread, but since the contractors are about finished with the TOTAL remodel of the restaurant we are looking forward to what they are going to call it and what they are going to menu they are going to serve! It doesn't appear the restaurant is going to be any larger, but much better organized and should serve a greater number of customers. It appears they are about to install restaurant equipment and fixtures any day now. I can see the project from my house, so it's an easy observation. Laughing
CaptinAcademy
Flour Bluffian in training

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This should answer some of your questions...
https://www.bluffslookout.com/

I've been wondering too as they closed it three weeks after we moved in Sad

We weren't impressed with the food or the service or the fact it was like 90 degrees inside when we were there.

Hoping this is much better.

Steve

They are definitely shooting for a more upscale experience
TexasJim
Horse Mullet

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The big question: Is it open yet? TexasJim
CaptinAcademy
Flour Bluffian in training

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not as far as I'm aware of, but I haven't been by there in a couple of days.
Looked like they were getting pretty close though...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corpusfishing.com Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: