Corpusfishing.com Forum Index Corpusfishing.com
Fishing Reports and information for the Coastal Bend

HOME | SITE INDEX | WEATHER | LINKS | TIDES | BUY FISHING BOOKS | BOB HALL CAM | SFCCI| GUIDES                             
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stand for the Flag

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corpusfishing.com Forum Index -> The Sports Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sinker
Flour Bluffian in training

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:26 pm    Post subject: Stand for the Flag Reply with quote

Ok here we go!
I am putting my thoughts here please fell free to agree or or call me a bigot.
As a vet and a former plain ole infantry ranger grunt. I find the practice of taking a knee during the national anthem extremely upsetting.
I will say absolutely it is their right to do so and even burn the flag.
BUT, this is the worst forum to do so. I remember when I mustered out in 1970 that people in the airport called me a baby killer.
BUT duty to God and Country and Family still run in my veins!
Therefore, I will no longer watch NFL buy a shirt or ever attend a game. That is my right!
I remember seeing a picture of our flag with the caption under it saying
"Love it OR leave it"
What do you think?
speckled.trout
Full Grown Flour Bluffian

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we're on the same page.

ST
Central Scrutinizer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Stand for the Flag Reply with quote

Sinker wrote:
What do you think?

I think you will find a receptive audience here for your views. [Which I endorse 1000%]

Not a Ranger myself, just your average, run-of-the-mill 11-Bravo, from back in the 80's. Served in Germany, and Fort Polk, LA.

For all the Snowflakes, - If you are going to take a knee, just do us all a favor and stay down there - in submission, where you deserve to be.
CopanoCruisin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am whole heartily in agreement with you. Actually I have not watched a drop of NFL since I saw that kaperdick fellow pull his act early in the season last year. I certainly thank each and everyone that has served in our armed services, at home and abroad. For the entitled gaggle of folks living in the good ol USA, they could learn a great lesson on citizenship and a more positive way of giving back from a group of young folks in the Boy Scouts of America. Just my 2 cents. ..........cC
Vern
Horse Mullet

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:05 am    Post subject: FWIW Reply with quote

Old 11B here also, from 75.
Totally agree with you and for what its worth a friend of mine was telling me either direct or dish tv was offering a refund to all those who purchased the NFL pkg and wanted it. Now that says something if true, it might also get the NFL's attention.
Tyler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here though I understand the argument. I think they hurt the cause more by doing this than say actually going into these cities and educating folks on how to interact with police, how police should interact with the minority community etc.
bd0202
Member White Shrimper Boot Club

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally agree with you, but at the same time I believe it should be totally legal (especially for a veteran) to defend the desecration of said flag by ANY means necessary, including putting one of those punk supple bum bitches on the ground with a fist. And then they should be required to serve 2 years before they're allowed to have an opinion again (i.e. voting rights). Or maybe we could go to a system where you don't get to vote UNLESS you served.

Maybe I'm a bit harsh, and I am no expert myself because I did not serve. But I do come from a family that has/had members that have served multiple branches all the way back to WW2 and possibly before. If I had it to do over, I should've joined. I would be in a lot better place now than I am if I had. But, live and learn. As my dad used to say (also served), I'm too smart for my own good. Laughing

That being said, I'm watching less NFL these days not so much because of the kneeling scandal, but just because I'm tired of being disappointed by players making $90 million and not delivering the talent they are banking on. They also have no team mentality on the field. Might be different off field, but there's just been a lot of games in recent years that it seemed like players were more out for themselves and not the team's well being.

My New Year's Resolution was to start watching more baseball this year. And then the Astros got busted for cheating. Embarassed Shocked I'm running out of sports to watch. Maybe I'll just spend more time wetting hooks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corpusfishing.com Forum Index -> The Sports Lounge All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: