Corpusfishing.com Forum Index Corpusfishing.com
Fishing Reports and information for the Coastal Bend

HOME | SITE INDEX | WEATHER | LINKS | TIDES | BUY FISHING BOOKS | BOB HALL CAM | SFCCI| GUIDES                             
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Astros first game after AS Break

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corpusfishing.com Forum Index -> The Sports Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DawnPatrolVeteran
Pony Mullet

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:11 pm    Post subject: Astros first game after AS Break Reply with quote

Its been a great first half of the MLB season. I have always been an Astros fan even during the 50 something win season- brutal. I started to appreciate the simplicity and grace and grit of BB that I think I had forgotten over the years. I watched the game but did I immerse myself as I did in my youth? I recently went old school again and started charting by playbook the games here and there and found trends, runs and stats you dont notice without it. I was on top of these before PC-ESPN. I also realized the National Anthem and traditions were not being used as soapboxes for ill educated spoiled quarterbacks with no historical sense of where the forum of debate should be displayed.

I still love the NFL but it has stifled itself with rules, boundaries and no fun zones. Now contrast that with the All Star Game where Nelson Cruz took a picture with veteran umpire Joe West -the catcher took the picture - in the NFL that would have been NO GO!!

Tomorrow, I watch the Astros play the Twin in H-Town theres nothing like a night game with lights on the field the accesibility of the players along 1st and 3rd. I am excited and regret taking for granted the majesty of baseball and the essence of being Americas Game- our birthright !!

Go Astros!! Heres to an equal or even better second half of the season!! Exclamation Exclamation
Bigrock
Full Grown Flour Bluffian

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good take on the game of baseball.

Now, better get ready for the Rangers epic comeback. Shocked Shocked Shocked Laughing
DawnPatrolVeteran
Pony Mullet

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to see that as well. Im also a Rangers fan. 162 games anything can happen.
Just happen to favor Astros....its the Texans or Cowboys scenario. Very Happy
Central Scrutinizer
Full Grown Flour Bluffian

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You want accessibility and players who appreciate being out there? Watch Hockey.

Plus, imagine during the middle of a NFL game, having an announcer on the field to interview the Coach?!?!?! (And I'm not talking halftime - but during a break in the action, ala Pierre McQuire in between both benches!!).

Young hockey players are some of the most down-to-earth folks off the ice. They generally appreciate the fan-base. [Now, I will say that they are also the players with the foulest of mouths!!!!! - Nobody drops the F-Bomb like a d@mn Kanuck!!)

As far as the 'Stros, followed them for 30 years only to have my heart crushed when they moved to the 'other' League. The DH is an abomination. The Team from Houston is dead to me.......
DawnPatrolVeteran
Pony Mullet

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hockey is Canadian .. Im American..... If I want Strange Brew, SohDa and ice I probably blew an internal carotid.

Oh why dont we throw in curling?.... just about as exciting to me.
To each his own Go Astros!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corpusfishing.com Forum Index -> The Sports Lounge All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: