Corpusfishing.com Forum Index Corpusfishing.com
Fishing Reports and information for the Coastal Bend

HOME | SITE INDEX | WEATHER | LINKS | TIDES | BUY FISHING BOOKS | BOB HALL CAM | SFCCI| GUIDES                             
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fried Fish Recipe (Like Luby's)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corpusfishing.com Forum Index -> Bbqing, Grilling, Frying, Recipes, and All Things Tasty
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chapcat54
Horse Mullet

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:15 pm    Post subject: Fried Fish Recipe (Like Luby's) Reply with quote

I have always loved Luby's fried fish, because of the awesome crunchy, golden brown crust. I tried this recipe for the first time recently and loved it. Although Luby's uses fish like Pacific Cod, the recipe worked great with speckled trout as well. I know I'm not alone in loving Luby's fish, so I thought others might want to try this out, if they have not already.

FRIED FISH
Luby's Cafeteria Copycat Recipe

Serves 6

1 cup flour
2 1/3 cups finely crushed saltine crackers (should still have some bits and pieces mixed in)
1 cup buttermilk
3 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
6 cod fillets (I used trout, but it should be great for fresh flounder too)

Place flour in a bowl and place crackers in another bowl. (Make sure bowls are big enough so you have enough space to coat fish) In medium bowl, whisk together buttermilk, eggs, salt and pepper.
Coat fish pieces with flour, shaking off excess. Dip into buttermilk mixture, then crackers, coating evenly and pressing crackers firmly onto fish. Deep fry in oil (350-365 degrees) till done & gold brown.
Tyler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got to try that as I love the Luby's cod done that way!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corpusfishing.com Forum Index -> Bbqing, Grilling, Frying, Recipes, and All Things Tasty All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: