Corpusfishing.com Forum Index Corpusfishing.com
Fishing Reports and information for the Coastal Bend

HOME | SITE INDEX | WEATHER | LINKS | TIDES | BUY FISHING BOOKS | BOB HALL CAM | SFCCI| GUIDES                             
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

hockey anyone? ....anyone..??
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corpusfishing.com Forum Index -> The Sports Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ltorna1
Full Grown Flour Bluffian

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 4:47 pm    Post subject: hockey anyone? ....anyone..?? Reply with quote

crickets chirping?

Heck of a playoffs so far.
kweber

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ice.. good for around my beer and in my scotch.
soccer on ice... have no use for it.
rather watch a bullfight.
about the same... beer, some blood, but the loser in Canada keeps his ears... Wink
topdog15

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been watching off and on. The games I've caught have been exciting, though. I'm a sports fan so I'll watch just about anything.....except a WNBA game.
TexGator
Flour Bluffian in training

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinda a Yankee thing. Just giving you a hard time. One of the best sports to watch in person but like watching paint dry on TV
Central Scrutinizer

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been an OUTSTANDING Playoff so far, the Ducks look like the Team to beat. No crickets chirping here. I probably watch more hockey that all of the rest of the board combined! NHL, College, International, Minor League, doesn't matter to me. Shoot, I even know the proper angle of the Zamboni blade to shave the ice, and how to get the lines out of the rink by cross-cutting!!!
ltorna1

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Central Scrutinizer wrote:
Been an OUTSTANDING Playoff so far, the Ducks look like the Team to beat. No crickets chirping here. I probably watch more hockey that all of the rest of the board combined! NHL, College, International, Minor League, doesn't matter to me. Shoot, I even know the proper angle of the Zamboni blade to shave the ice, and how to get the lines out of the rink by cross-cutting!!!

Definitely a yankee thing TexGator Wink

It has really been incredible so far. My rangers are getting spanked by the Lightning right now, but yes I agree, the Ducks are brutes and will probably win the whole thing. CS, were you an ice-resurfacer in a past life? I try wearing my hockey jersey in support of my team but those things aren't made for Texas weather.
Central Scrutinizer

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ltorna1 wrote:
CS, were you an ice-resurfacer in a past life? I try wearing my hockey jersey in support of my team but those things aren't made for Texas weather.

You got it. Ran a Zamboni for the better part of 10 years, as a side hobby (for a Minor League team). When I tell someone here that, it's usually, 'hey, that's neat'. When I tell a Yankee, it's, "DUDE, YOU DROVE A ZAMBONI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Shocked .

So yea, TexGator, it's a northern thing, eh! [But don't confuse me with our friends from the great white north, I was born and raised here].
ltorna1

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ltorna1 wrote:
CS, were you an ice-resurfacer in a past life? I try wearing my hockey jersey in support of my team but those things aren't made for Texas weather.

You got it. Ran a Zamboni for the better part of 10 years, as a side hobby (for a Minor League team). When I tell someone here that, it's usually, 'hey, that's neat'. When I tell a Yankee, it's, "DUDE, YOU DROVE A ZAMBONI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Shocked .

So yea, TexGator, it's a northern thing, eh! [But don't confuse me with our friends from the great white north, I was born and raised here].

Wait, you were serious?! Ha! Awesome. Big game tonight. Lets see if 'king' henrik can try to not let in 6 goals for the 3rd straight game.
Central Scrutinizer

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ltorna1 wrote:
Big game tonight. Lets see if 'king' henrik can try to not let in 6 goals for the 3rd straight game.

That 6-5 OT game was as sloppy as they come in the Playoffs, but the whole night Henrik looked absolutely lost. His head was on a swivel on every shot, instantly looking behind him to find the puck. He had zero confidence. I was surprised he wasn't pulled after goal #4.
ltorna1

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surprised too. Even the zamboni driver could have stopped that last goal. Although I'm not surprised they are going back to him tonight, since they don't want to send the message that they are giving up, but he better get his ---- together.

The thing Tampa, NY and Chicago all have in common is that they are fast, puck moving, run and gun teams. And unfortunately I think that style won't beat Anaheim.
Central Scrutinizer

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bishop absolutely stood on his head tonight! That and the smothering D the Lightning played. Good game. Rangers need to come up with some Offense. Quick!. CS
rodandroll

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's a zambuni?? On second thought - never mind - don't really want to know!! Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green

Even duct tape can't fix stupid ... but it can muffle the sound!!!
ltorna1

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bishop absolutely stood on his head tonight! That and the smothering D the Lightning played. Good game. Rangers need to come up with some Offense. Quick!. CS

That one stunk. Turned it off 5 minutes into the 3rd, put on Game of Thrones....

The OT Game 4 with Chicago however...that was ridiculous.
Central Scrutinizer

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A quality effort by the Rangers, 4 solid goals and 3 that were..... weak...ish!! Laughing Laughing Looking forward to Game 7. In NY, Home Barn, rowdy fans, should be a good game. Lightning let this one slip (but you got to admit, the last goal let in by Henrik was not all that ...... stellar!!!!). Momentum is on the side of the Rangers. Wear that jersey with pride.
ltorna1

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You nailed it man, two really talented goalies having their WORST series ever, collectively. Softies all over the place, and Bishop's backup was no better.

Lots of rangers fans in Tampa, was very loud in the 3rd period. Should be a good clincher at MSG.

Look for Chicago to equalize tonight.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corpusfishing.com Forum Index -> The Sports Lounge All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: