Corpusfishing.com Forum Index Corpusfishing.com
Fishing Reports and information for the Coastal Bend

HOME | SITE INDEX | WEATHER | LINKS | TIDES | BUY FISHING BOOKS | BOB HALL CAM | SFCCI| GUIDES                             
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Rut is on !!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corpusfishing.com Forum Index -> Hunting South Texas Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
graniteman
Pony Mullet

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:01 am    Post subject: The Rut is on !!! Reply with quote

Hear in Eastern Kendall County in the Hill Country, Bucks chasing tail. Every evening i am seeing three to five bucks new bucks every evening around main feeding station.

Just need some much cool weather to let him hand in the shade for awhile.

I hear South Texas and just about all over Texas the native white tail herd is looking good with great horn development and body wight.

I think im going to make sure the ol 270 is hitting the mark this afternoon and give her a good cleaning.
TexGator
Flour Bluffian in training

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rut has been going strong for 2 weeks in Fayette county. Managed 2 does with the bow so far but I have seen 2 shooters I hope to get more personal with real soon.
Bigrock
Full Grown Flour Bluffian

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No rut going on out here in the west. Antler development has been mediocre at best. Good summer rains out here...things look better than they have in years, but the late freeze and severe drought in early antler development may have limited the final product.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corpusfishing.com Forum Index -> Hunting South Texas Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: