Corpusfishing.com Forum Index Corpusfishing.com
Fishing Reports and information for the Coastal Bend

HOME | SITE INDEX | WEATHER | LINKS | TIDES | BUY FISHING BOOKS | BOB HALL CAM | SFCCI| GUIDES                             
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Downtown CC Rocks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corpusfishing.com Forum Index -> General Saltwater Fishing Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StixHD

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:25 am    Post subject: Downtown CC Rocks Reply with quote

Hey guys I've been doing some fishing downtown at the rocks when I want to do some quick fishing and don't want to take out the kayak. Especially since the winds have died down. I have been doing well throwing lures (topwater and soft plastics). I've also heard further down the rocks some people have been catching some nice mid 20's trout on live shrimp or croaker. Here is a little video of my last trip if you would like to watch!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0roQs5ViliM

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfJzAASswhzbPngPbvpgJYw
DMAC
Horse Mullet

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:19 am    Post subject: fish on the rocks Reply with quote

Cool, looks like fun, and certainly good fresh fish dinner. Thanks for sharing. D
Tyler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How are the mangroves out there?

Thanks for the video.
DawnPatrolVeteran
Pony Mullet

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Water looks nice. Nice fish
chapcat54
Horse Mullet

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went out to that jetty yesterday to check it out, as I too would like to target mangrove snapper. It appeared to me that the jetty was closed, as there was a fence blocking the entrance to the walkway leading out. Obviously, there must be another way to access the rocks besides that walkway?

I liked your video. In fact, I am always looking to watch good videos produced by local fishermen in particular. One thing I really like to see in these videos is more details of what baits and techniques are employed, as this is a great way to help folks learn.

Nice catch btw. Smile
hickroots07
Full Grown Flour Bluffian

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chapcat54 wrote:
I went out to that jetty yesterday to check it out, as I too would like to target mangrove snapper. It appeared to me that the jetty was closed, as there was a fence blocking the entrance to the walkway leading out. Obviously, there must be another way to access the rocks besides that walkway?

I liked your video. In fact, I am always looking to watch good videos produced by local fishermen in particular. One thing I really like to see in these videos is more details of what baits and techniques are employed, as this is a great way to help folks learn.

Nice catch btw. Smile

Try over or around it! That's the only way to them unless you kayak to it from the t heads.
Willee
Horse Mullet

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyler wrote:
How are the mangroves out there?

Thanks for the video.

They were there but they were small.
Wonder if they will ever become a sport fish with a size limit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corpusfishing.com Forum Index -> General Saltwater Fishing Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: