Corpusfishing.com Forum Index Corpusfishing.com
Fishing Reports and information for the Coastal Bend

HOME | SITE INDEX | WEATHER | LINKS | TIDES | BUY FISHING BOOKS | BOB HALL CAM | SFCCI| GUIDES                             
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fishing In Okie Territory.....Lake Texoma Report

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corpusfishing.com Forum Index -> General Saltwater Fishing Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AcousTennis
Full Grown Flour Bluffian

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:40 am    Post subject: Fishing In Okie Territory.....Lake Texoma Report Reply with quote

Hey there!

I've been up north in Dallas spending some time with my gal. Every once in a while ill sneak out and enjoy some time on the water. The weather has been amazing aside from the crazy amount of rain we had.

I had a list of fish that I wanted to catch while I was up here. Roger was kind enough to help me knock a few of them out. First up on the list were stripers!

We met up at the boat ramp for launch and it was a bit intimidating. Down south we can pull up to the side of the road and launch without much pressure. On the lake you have to get in line with the boaters and be quick quick quick!

We launched without any problems and enjoyed a awesome sunrise to what would be a awesome day.

We finally get to some spot and Roger tells me to try a topwater. First cast out I hear a big blow up on rogers lure. Pop Pop Pop! My attention was on Rogers topwater as it was getting blown up when out of no where I hear a explosion much closer to me. POP! Fish on!

First cast of the day got my my first striper of any real size. It was only 19.5" but I was damn proud of it!

We stayed in the area for a while and messed with the topwater bite. Eventually it died out so we ducked into another area to try some subsurface artificial action. I tied on my trusty white shallow diver and worked the dropoffs on the shoreline. Every 5th cast or so would get me a smaller striper or big sandy.

I anchored up to try my luck with gar/catfish when I hear a "did you see that?!" from Roger. A nice unexpected bass decided to hit whatever he was throwing haha.

With storms moving in we called it a day and headed back.

The open invited were out there for saturday. I expected maybe 10 kayakers to show up but we were rolling 25 kayakers deep at least! It was a crazy sight to see!

One of the first to hook up was Roger (of course) and Shaun! We kept working topwaters down the shoreline. An army of kayaks out with the same intentions.

I already had a striper or two to my name so I was content. Then my topwater gets smashed pretty violently! Drag was going and going. I get wrapped on a tree underwater but luckily it came off. After a while a pig comes floating up. I had lent my net to Jay for his catch so luckily he showed up just in time to net my new personal best 31"+ striper! Thanks, brotha!

The rest of the day was pretty slow. Schools of sand bass would show up busting but not much size to them. Others did well with topwaters and some great fish were caught. It was definitely a trip to remember. This salty fisher had a great time in the freshwater. Topwater striper beats the hell out of trout and reds.

Till Next Time!
Life is good!

Tino
I can just imagine a prehistoric nomadic version of AcousticTennis, padding around in a dugout canou with long unkempt hair (not much a stretch lol), catching drum on some 3000 BC version of fishbites.
MECE
Horse Mullet

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang Bro!!!! Those are some nice striper!! That personal best looks fat!!! Thanks for sharing your experience with us. Keep it up Amigo.
TomP
Flour Bluffian in training

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the report Tino glad to see you caught some nice stripers.
landlocked beachbum
Full Grown Flour Bluffian

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you got into them, they are one of my absolute favorite fish to catch AND eat. Did you do the latter or let them go?

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits". Albert Einstein
Baffinboy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Represent
medic6

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next time you are in that area and want catfish, try the first cove to the north of Highport Marina. The first dock on the north shoreline of the south slough (the cove has a similar shape as the marina) has a fish cleaning station. It is owned by a striper guide. Free line cut bait in front of it. I grew up there and still have a family house up the hill there.
ironmanstan
Exalted Ruler of Flour Bluff

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Becarful or you will turn into a okie phenokie swamp fisherman and we will never hear from you again. You are getting to far away from the salt air. Just trying to help you out here thats all. IMS
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corpusfishing.com Forum Index -> General Saltwater Fishing Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: