Corpusfishing.com Forum Index Corpusfishing.com
Fishing Reports and information for the Coastal Bend

HOME | SITE INDEX | WEATHER | LINKS | TIDES | BUY FISHING BOOKS | BOB HALL CAM | SFCCI| GUIDES                             
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fished until my shoulder fell apart....July 4th week...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corpusfishing.com Forum Index -> General Saltwater Fishing Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AcousTennis
Full Grown Flour Bluffian

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:18 pm    Post subject: Fished until my shoulder fell apart....July 4th week... Reply with quote

Hey there! Its been a great week for fishing! The wind FINALLY relaxed for a bit and let up get on the water for a couple of days.

In the windy days...

I spent most of the windy days (nights really) fishing close to home. Paddling against wind and anchoring up for drum. The drum bite has been fantastic. At least it was until this water dropped out. Over about 5 days I managed around 40+ drum in the slot. (NOt all kept of course). I took out my buddy who just got a new kayak and helped him break it in right. We left with a nice stringer of drummies and a bonus red.

Thursday...

It was the first day to lay down! I got ahold of Black Cuda and we hit some old trout haunts.

The water in the laguna looked tons better! The fish were pretty scattered but the bite was good when you found them. We had tons of trout and I managed enough for the cooler. They really wanted orange and pink paddle tails worked erratically.

Friday...

FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY! A offshore day that didnt involve 3' swells! This trips cast included....

Robert! AKA Yaknaggie!

David AKA David_77

Tod AKA SAHunter

and of course my brother Robert who as you can see managed the first king of the day!

This hookup was already after 3 missed chances. I was at a stand still with a slashbait out when it got rocked by a king right off the beach. Robert had 2 other runs that missed the mark as well. They were fierce!

Eventually we find ourselves in a small school of upper sized kings (44"+). I quickly got in on the fun and ran off two back to back.

The winds picked up a bit so we settled to just snapper fish and see what we could find. This sucker made a excellent sandwich!

We got off the beach around 3PM exhausted from the day.

I had family want to fish the next day so I loaded the truck up for another bay adventure. Ben came along to get in on some trout action as well. The water was GLASS! The topwater bite was HOT!

We started the day off with a double of keeps on top and just kept plugging away at them. The bite was a lot slower but we both had decent stringers at the end of the day.

Sunday...

I had another friend that wanted to learn the area. We hit the trout spots again and worked it over. It was slooow. The bite was very erratic. Most of out keepers were caught on orange or white paddle tails worked in all the water columns top to bottom. They were hitting on the fall and spitting it quick so it got to be tricky.

After a while the winds picked up so I tried a old baffin tactic. Toss out your drift sock and tie your favorite paddle tail under a cork. Something that takes little work for it to have action. Throw it behind you and keep tension on the line. It will slowly pull the cork along and keep that paddle tail in the strike zone for a longer period of time. Give it a pop every once in a while. Its more effective then not being able to work a lure right because the wind is pushing your line. We grinded it out and managed to bring home a solid ice chest.

It was a great few days of fishing and the low winds will be missed. I remembered why I HATE fishing sundays. So many googans out on the water! At one point Oscar and I were fishing 20 yards or less away from each other and a boater decided to cruise in between us!
He didnt slow down or wave. Just kept on going without making eye contact in a no boat zone none the less with an entire F-ing! Bay System!

Anyways! Ill be in Dallas for the next few weeks so try not to catch em all while im gone!

Till next time!
Life is good!
Tino!
I can just imagine a prehistoric nomadic version of AcousticTennis, padding around in a dugout canou with long unkempt hair (not much a stretch lol), catching drum on some 3000 BC version of fishbites.
MECE
Horse Mullet

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome report Amigo!!!! Nice catch! I'll try not to catch all the fish while you are in Dallas Laughing
RedFish Chaser
Flour Bluffian in training

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FANTASTIC! My mouth was watering seeing all those fish!

Great job with the catches!

Mr. C.
RedFish Chaser

Facebook: RedFishChaser
RedFishChaser.com [Some day it will be developed!]
YaknBak

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great report, thanks.
TheDude
Pony Mullet

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great report and exellent catching like always.

What was with the dove decoy on your brothers's yak? Pretty funny stuff AT
RedSniper
Member White Shrimper Boot Club

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great report man, food for days right there!
Rzrbak
Pony Mullet

Location: lampasas co. Cedarrock Ranch,Nitro 1900,Malibu extreme, Tarpon 120

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AT, thanks for the report ..... I like the guardian dove... Very Happy

Bobby
RiPPin LiPS
Member White Shrimper Boot Club

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looked like a morning dove to me.

"While everyone else is asleep, we're out giggin em DEEP"!!
OSOMURF

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, definitely a guard dove. Great report as always AT. Very Happy
AcousTennis
Full Grown Flour Bluffian

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha the doves name is Charlie. The original Charlie was lost in dramatic fashion. We were heading offshore one day and a big wave slammed into Robert. Knocked charlie off his perch. All I could hear was

CHARLIEEE NOOOO!

On the other side of the breakers was a sad man who just watched his guardian bird float away in the surf. Nothing he could do to save it.

So now we are on Charlie #7 hahaha
I can just imagine a prehistoric nomadic version of AcousticTennis, padding around in a dugout canou with long unkempt hair (not much a stretch lol), catching drum on some 3000 BC version of fishbites.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corpusfishing.com Forum Index -> General Saltwater Fishing Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: