Corpusfishing.com Forum Index Corpusfishing.com
Fishing Reports and information for the Coastal Bend

HOME | SITE INDEX | WEATHER | LINKS | TIDES | BUY FISHING BOOKS | BOB HALL CAM | SFCCI| GUIDES                             
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Packery 09-26-2013

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corpusfishing.com Forum Index -> General Saltwater Fishing Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gib
Member White Shrimper Boot Club

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Packery 09-26-2013 Reply with quote

Yes, yes, yes - go to south packery jetty as that is where all the fish are at.

Luke, we have bound to cross paths many times before; I just do not know who you are.

The jetty was the same report as I posted the other day with exception that I did not see any tarpon rolling, no offshore boats traveling 50+ miles an hour. There was one kayaker in the channel, but best I could tell he stayed away from land fisherman. This still does not account for the power boats vs. kayaker showdown that will eventually happen.

Reds were caught on both jetties but the abundance for reds was on the south jetty. Did everyone get that? SOUTH JETTY.

There were more than just undersize trout caught. One guy bound to have had a limit as it got dark. I saw reds, macks, trout, mangroves, skip jacks, and a few other fish being caught.

I understand everyone just wants to catch a fish, and a Red is one of the biggest fish that most people will ever catch, and they are not that hard to catch when they are running. Courtesy and respect just are not going to happen with some people.

I found it to my advantage to first attempt to be kind by striking a conversation up with folks and then work from there. If that does not work, then a hook and split shot on a line crossed over others several times generally sends a message. I just cut my line and tie up again. Play dumb, and they will just figure you know less than they do and move. After all, when they have to tie up their leader, pound of sinker, etc., it takes them some time. Oh, did I mention getting their 100# mono and braid out of the rocks because somehow it got drug in there? Sorry, evil side coming out of me.

My biggest gripe is the spear fishermen. Well, the inconsiderate ones. You know, the ones who know they are swimming right where you are fishing and will not look at you because they know what they are doing. I do not mind if they swim on through, of course if I was there first. But, to stay 15 to 20 feet in front of me right where I am fishing; well, I just go back to my split shot and treble hook and play dumb again.

Fish are being caught all up and down the surf, so if fishing with people is not your thing, better move down the beach cause crowds are not going away at Packery until Reds stop running.
FIDO
Full Grown Flour Bluffian

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fished Packery last fall on the weekends and just don't remember it being as frustrating as it is now. Maybe I just missed the biggest crowds.

I've got to witness this for myself! Saturday morning on South Packery it is!

TFTR!
Tyler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Gib!
ltorna1
Full Grown Flour Bluffian

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Gib, I'm a small guy, short brown hair, costas, usually have a jetty cart with a slide line set up, and almost always fishing with a tall red haired dude in a baseball cap. I usually have a beer in hand and he usually has a cigarette in his mouth. Stop by and say hi if you see us.
jsb91010
Finger Mullet

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ltorna1 wrote:
Hey Gib, I'm a small guy, short brown hair, costas, usually have a jetty cart with a slide line set up, and almost always fishing with a tall red haired dude in a baseball cap. I usually have a beer in hand and he usually has a cigarette in his mouth. Stop by and say hi if you see us.

this made me laugh because it sounds like me... except i have beer and ciggarette in my hand LOL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corpusfishing.com Forum Index -> General Saltwater Fishing Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: