Corpusfishing.com Forum Index Corpusfishing.com
Fishing Reports and information for the Coastal Bend

HOME | SITE INDEX | WEATHER | LINKS | TIDES | BUY FISHING BOOKS | BOB HALL CAM | SFCCI| GUIDES                             
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

197 hours and 26 minutes....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corpusfishing.com Forum Index -> The Sports Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AcousTennis
Full Grown Flour Bluffian

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was a great game. Bama was clutch in the running game until the fumble in the 4th. A&M needs to work on their defense forsure!
I can just imagine a prehistoric nomadic version of AcousticTennis, padding around in a dugout canou with long unkempt hair (not much a stretch lol), catching drum on some 3000 BC version of fishbites.
Tyler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good game and good to see A and M come back but Bama was obviously the better team for now.
o_brother
Member White Shrimper Boot Club

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see Bama going undefeated with the defense they showed up with yesterday. Its early in the season but you can bet every scout in the SEC saw all the problems Bama has on defense. The two mistakes Johnny Football made was the key difference yesterday. However, A & M has to beef up their linebackers and running backs or every game will end in a basketball score......
BamaRed54

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our defense needs some work but it is only our 2nd game this year! We went up against one of the most prolific offenses in SEC history and won shoot out! The score was not indicative of the beat down we put on them.... and only one of the picks he threw was a mistake, the other was just a stupidly ridiculous play by our defense.... We beat the #2 team in the nation yesterday, I don't care what they were actually ranked! NOONE else will test us like A&M did yesterday! THREEPEAT!!!!
o_brother

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol I am in no way an A & M fan but that was not a beat down. Dumb luck or not, Johnny still threw two interceptions that kept 7 points off the board for A & M on the first one and led straight to 7 points on the board for Bama on the second.... I didn't see A & M as the #2 team in the nation before the game and don't after. They are too small in their linebacker positions and they don't have a big smash mouth running back to grid out yards. Bama may have one of the top offenses in the nation but I believe their defense will lose at least one maybe two games this year for them. Good luck with that threepeat...
BamaRed54

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

o_brother wrote:
lol I am in no way an A & M fan but that was not a beat down. Dumb luck or not, Johnny still threw two interceptions that kept 7 points off the board for A & M on the first one and led straight to 7 points on the board for Bama on the second.... I didn't see A & M as the #2 team in the nation before the game and don't after. They are too small in their linebacker positions and they don't have a big smash mouth running back to grid out yards. Bama may have one of the top offenses in the nation but I believe their defense will lose at least one maybe two games this year for them. Good luck with that threepeat...

You just make sure you are still around at the beginning of January so I can tell you I told you so.....
cdhknives
Flour Bluffian in training

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lessee, total offensive yards? No beat down.
Final score? Nope, not a beat down.
Were we watching the same game? I saw a 1st and 4th quarter owned by the Ags, and a 2nd and 3rd owned by whatchamacallit. Nope, no beat down there.

When a game is literally one play from going either way, it is NOT a beat down by any sane person's imagination. But, apparently some fans and sanity is disputable...

Apparently I'm gonna have to root for LSU this year. Someone please shoot me first!?!?!?
shallowsport

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta love college football. Something you can count on in January, there will be a national champion crowned, and the BCS will not be matching the best two teams for the game.
BamaRed54

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdhknives wrote:
Were we watching the same game? I saw a 1st and 4th quarter owned by the Ags, and a 2nd and 3rd owned by whatchamacallit. Nope, no beat down there.

When a game is literally one play from going either way, it is NOT a beat down by any sane person's imagination. But, apparently some fans and sanity is disputable...

Apparently I'm gonna have to root for LSU this year. Someone please shoot me first!?!?!?

We physically DOMINATED them for half of the 1st quarter all the way to the 4th..... We scored 35 UNANSWERED points...... We blew a 21 point lead because we were tired at the END of the game! You pull for LSU...... It's gotta suck when your team can't get it done and u resort to pulling for a rivals..... You keep winning knives...
TexGator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta chime in. Bama was definatly the more pyhsical team. No way to argue that. Johnny football was the reason they were in the game. If their defense could make a couple of stops things may have been different. The difference between the two on this day was Bama's offensive line. They opened up holes that even my fat butt could have run through.

The interception in the end zone was crucile but I don't blame that on JF i think it was a stupid call by Sumlin. Your moving the ball really well then you try a timing play in the corner. I think Sumlin is a great coach but that was dumb.

As far a January goes, yes I think Bama will be back and if so I would love to see them play Oregon. That offense is the same version as A&M but on steriods. If they played one week after the SEC championship I think they would win but when Sabin has 40 days to prepare for a team all bets are off.
FIDO

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BamaRed54 wrote:
cdhknives wrote:

We physically DOMINATED them for half of the 1st quarter all the way to the 4th..... We scored 35 UNANSWERED points...... We blew a 21 point lead because we were tired at the END of the game! You pull for LSU...... It's gotta suck when your team can't get it done and u resort to pulling for a rivals..... You keep winning knives...

Laughing

I guess you'd know because Alabama couldn't get it done last year. Alabama fans pulled for other teams to beat Oregon and Kansas State. It worked out for them. That's the nature of the BCS, and hoping the system allows your team a shot at a BCS bowl or national championship is exactly what happened for bama last year. I just hope Oregon makes it to the National Championship this year if for no other reason to hear the annoying bama fan crying and making excuses for that loss.

On the other hand, I'd like to see bama win so Nick Saban can leave on a good note to a different school like TEXAS and bama becomes A&M's punching bag in the SEC West (with our LSU buddies). The bandwagon will get real bumpy for all the nasty red capital A t-shirt lovers then Very Happy
BamaRed54

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FIDO wrote:
BamaRed54 wrote:
cdhknives wrote:

Laughing

I guess you'd know because Alabama couldn't get it done last year. Alabama fans pulled for other teams to beat Oregon and Kansas State. It worked out for them. That's the nature of the BCS, and hoping the system allows your team a shot at a BCS bowl or national championship is exactly what happened for bama last year. I just hope Oregon makes it to the National Championship this year if for no other reason to hear the annoying bama fan crying and making excuses for that loss.

On the other hand, I'd like to see bama win so Nick Saban can leave on a good note to a different school like TEXAS and bama becomes A&M's punching bag in the SEC West (with our LSU buddies). The bandwagon will get real bumpy for all the nasty red capital A t-shirt lovers then Very Happy

WRONG AGAIN FIDO, The difference in this year and last year was that we were pulling for teams to beat teams that WE HADNT played so we could play for the ship... This guy will be pulling for LSU to beat us because his team COULDNT GET THE JOB DONE!!! Bring Oregon on.... we proved Saturday that we can put up big numbers... As awful as A&Ms Defense was, they are still better that Oregons!!! Hate all yall want, bottom line is we are at the top of the college football world looking down on all of you peasants.... SABAN ISNT GOING ANYWHERE!!! KEEP HATING!!!! I LOVE IT!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
cdhknives

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dominated physically? The only real good physical play of the entire game was A&M's goal line stand and fumble causing hit! Man, some guys are just not in touch with reality... Rolling Eyes
BamaRed54

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I know is that for more than half the game I was sat back in my chair watching the Bama offense PUNISH A&Ms defense! And our defense shut down their offense! For me to be as calm as I was for the majority of the game there was definate domination! Say what u want (which will be horse ISHT) but if Alabamas defense didn't get tired and allow 3 sloppy TDs at the end of the game this would be an entirely different discussion! That's the only reason the game was close! Our drives were punishing and precise! A&Ms were short and almost desperate! The long high throws were making and the LUCKY conversions attest to that!
FIDO

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BamaRed54 wrote:
All I know is that for more than half the game I was sat back in my chair watching the Bama offense PUNISH A&Ms defense! And our defense shut down their offense! For me to be as calm as I was for the majority of the game there was definate domination! Say what u want (which will be horse ISHT) but if Alabamas defense didn't get tired and allow 3 sloppy TDs at the end of the game this would be an entirely different discussion! That's the only reason the game was close! Our drives were punishing and precise! A&Ms were short and almost desperate! The long high throws were making and the LUCKY conversions attest to that!

Shocked

sorest winner ever
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corpusfishing.com Forum Index -> The Sports Lounge All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: