Corpusfishing.com Forum Index Corpusfishing.com
Fishing Reports and information for the Coastal Bend

HOME | SITE INDEX | WEATHER | LINKS | TIDES | BUY FISHING BOOKS | BOB HALL CAM | SFCCI| GUIDES                             
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

general question on tournaments

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corpusfishing.com Forum Index -> Tournaments and Special Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
horse51
Flour Bluffian in training

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: general question on tournaments Reply with quote

ive been interested in getting into tournaments but i notice the high cost to enter most of them. I know that some people usually get sponsors but im sure you have to win a couple tournaments to even be considered for sponsorship. what have some of yall done in order to get sponsors? i am fairly familiar with baffin bay and would like to start off there. i also just purchased a boat last year which has allowed me to learn some more spots and i have won a division in a TAMUK ANGLER tournament. im not asking for any secrets or anything. just hoping to get pointed in the right direction.
5moreminutes
Member White Shrimper Boot Club

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sponsorships can be tough. like you mentioned you have to win a few and get some under your belt. Especially in boating tournament.
shallowsport
Full Grown Flour Bluffian

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Generally speaking the more money paid out the more the eatery fee. There is going to be a lot of up front money spent on tournaments, and some good results, before the sponsors will start calling. That is time and money. Good luck, Chris, wish you well.
Diannie_09

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice post!
sophiagrace77
Finger Mullet

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agreed some tournaments have high cost as entry of tournament. "have to win a couple tournaments to even be considered for sponsorship" Well said but sponsorship is always something little different that give uniqueness.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corpusfishing.com Forum Index -> Tournaments and Special Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: