Corpusfishing.com Forum Index Corpusfishing.com
Fishing Reports and information for the Coastal Bend

HOME | SITE INDEX | WEATHER | LINKS | TIDES | BUY FISHING BOOKS | BOB HALL CAM | SFCCI| GUIDES                             
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rockport Rattlers jigheads

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corpusfishing.com Forum Index -> General Saltwater Fishing Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Josey
Finger Mullet

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Rockport Rattlers jigheads Reply with quote

Are they effective or is it just another case of lure options catch more fishermen than fish?
SandJKENNELS
Flour Bluffian in training

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought some when they first came out. I have not caught any more fish with them or the salt shakers then a plain lure, but then I don't catch many fish on lures other then speck rigs lol.
gulftrout
Full Grown Flour Bluffian

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some people swear by them and then most the really good fishermen say they are not necessary. I have personally never used one and doubt I ever will. I do not like the bulky look they have with a soft plastic. I have fished along side several of the best guides around and I have never seen any of these guys with one in their boat. If I can find any at a garage sale I will mail them to you for you to try. No doubt fish will bite a soft plastic with one of these jig heads, just look at the co. owners ads. Smile
wannafish
Flour Bluffian in training

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never had any luck with them,so just got the 1 pack.......
CopanoCruisin
Full Grown Flour Bluffian

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the headless ones. Rigged weedless with bass assassin they are just almost a top water. The Key to eliminating the bulky part is to take a welding rod and heat the end with a torch and make a hole in the end of the worm for the rattle chamber to fit into. Best of luck........cC
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corpusfishing.com Forum Index -> General Saltwater Fishing Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: