Corpusfishing.com Forum Index Corpusfishing.com
Fishing Reports and information for the Coastal Bend

HOME | SITE INDEX | WEATHER | LINKS | TIDES | BUY FISHING BOOKS | BOB HALL CAM | SFCCI| GUIDES                             
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Marine plywood
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corpusfishing.com Forum Index -> General Saltwater Fishing Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
landlocked beachbum
Full Grown Flour Bluffian

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the plug Don. If I was building a flats boat for down there I'd forgo some of the glass on the exterior bottom and use Kevlar instead. Kevlar doesn't sand or grind worth a hoot so I'd lay it next to the core and then cover with glass to finish. The stuff is way lighter than glass, absorbs less resin and is WAY tough when it comes to impact and abrasion. Having the glass on the outside makes for an easier repair IF your ever needs to because it actually give you something to grind a taper into and to grind/sand smooth at the end. Wink

The lighter the boat can be built the higher it will float, the less fuel you'll burn and the less HP it takes to reach a desired speed. Less HP required is a BIG win/win for weight and fuel savings and in my book that equals more fun for the $ invested!!! Very Happy Weight has some merits ( to a point) when crashing through swells and large chop but not when fishing skinny water.

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits". Albert Einstein
Uncle D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info Dave, I'll need 2 sheets at least 20' long Shocked Rolling Eyes Wink
landlocked beachbum

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C'mon Don, it's only money!!! Very Happy Laughing Cool

Building a boat is something that you may never do again Embarassed . It would be a shame for you to be out and about for the rest of your (and/or the boat's) days wishing that you'd done this or that on the project when you had the chance!!!! Wink

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits". Albert Einstein
critter getter
Member White Shrimper Boot Club

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle D wrote:
critter getter wrote:
I got mine from Jimmy Majek over at majek boat they are super people to deal with.

What wood did you get??

It was 1/2" ply wood to replace the floor in my boat and it wasn't to high if i remember right. jimmy is a hell of a nice guy and very helpful
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corpusfishing.com Forum Index -> General Saltwater Fishing Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: