Corpusfishing.com Forum Index Corpusfishing.com
Fishing Reports and information for the Coastal Bend

HOME | SITE INDEX | WEATHER | LINKS | TIDES | BUY FISHING BOOKS | BOB HALL CAM | SFCCI| GUIDES                             
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1999 Yamaha 150 HP TRP -$2500 OBO

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corpusfishing.com Forum Index -> Classified Ads
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nova

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:29 am    Post subject: 1999 Yamaha 150 HP TRP -$2500 OBO Reply with quote

I have a 150 TRP for sale with under 100 hours on the outboard. Unfortunately, I blew the powerhead last Tuesday. So I'm selling the motor as is. The internal electrics and caling is all fine and the outboard is very very clean. The most valuable part is the lower unit of which is in great shape. It has never been rebuilt, and never needed one. It has been properly maintained and performs perfectly. I'm looking for a quick sale and don't want to part it out just for the lower unit. I don't want to go through the hassle of a rebuild and I see this as an opportunity to upgrade in HP. I will be selling it this week to the highest offer. If you are in CC I can tell you where it is. My direct email address is caa33austin@yahoo.com. Thanks for looking.
Bluffer
Full Grown Flour Bluffian

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bummer, thats way LOW hrs for a 99 model. Maybe not enough use lead to blown PH?
Nova

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Bluffer, I'm pretty much pee-ood right now about it all. The entire set-up actually has around 75 hours on it. I'm not too outboard knowledgeable, but I was told there was possibly condensation in my fuel. Of course, you have to pay to get a diagnosis...you know what I mean?
Rebecca of Sunnybrookfarm

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

who told you it was "blown"? what empirical evidence do you have that some head/crank damage has occurred?

ziacatcher wrote:
However I bet if you were fishing naked Ranger Rick would have a problem with that
Nova

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Empirical Evidence #1: the block has a cylinder "blown" through it.

It could be rebuilt, but I don't want to hassle with it. My boat is not shallow enough to truely capitalize on the TRP. So if I'm gonna spend the money to rebuild, I'm gonna spend a little more to upgrade in HP and year model. See what I mean...
Rebecca of Sunnybrookfarm

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah, I see now said the blind man.

that would indeed require a vast amount of time and money to rebuild. or slam a new powerhead on it. which they stopped giving away just last week.

ziacatcher wrote:
However I bet if you were fishing naked Ranger Rick would have a problem with that
Nova

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sold. Man that was fast, I think I was too cheap. Thanks for taking a look.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corpusfishing.com Forum Index -> Classified Ads All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: