Corpusfishing.com Forum Index Corpusfishing.com
Fishing Reports and information for the Coastal Bend

HOME | SITE INDEX | WEATHER | LINKS | TIDES | BUY FISHING BOOKS | BOB HALL CAM | SFCCI| GUIDES                             
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone Know What the Construction is at the old Fina Docks?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corpusfishing.com Forum Index -> General Saltwater Fishing Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TexasJim
Horse Mullet

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:16 pm    Post subject: Anyone Know What the Construction is at the old Fina Docks? Reply with quote

Lots of barges and construction there, but all the info I can dig up says the VLCC Oil Port got shut down years back. I haven't heard that the proposed DeSal project is close to starting. Don't want to start a fuss, just wondering. TexasJim
TailStalker
Horse Mullet

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actual work at the docks themselves? Maybe staging of everything for the ongoing ferry landing repairs/upgrades?
TexasJim
Horse Mullet

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not near, or related to the ferry crossing or landings.
After much searching, I found that the Port of CC announced in Oct. '23, that they had awarded a contract for "debris removal" from the old Exxon tank farm frontage(what is called "Fina Docks" by fishermen). This had been on the agenda, but the defunct VLCC Oil Port would have cleared the debris, and much more, so it was never completed. Since the VLCC project died, they decided to remove what's left in the water(and no telling how many anchors). This was scheduled then to be completed mid-May '24. No notices about this since 10-23 that I could find. Probably has ruined a good fishing spot. That's what little the Port has to divulge. True or not. YMMV TexasJim
CaptinAcademy
Flour Bluffian in training

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's definitely a lot of my terminal tackle down there!
At least was a great spot for reds in early fall, if you could stomach breaking off fish and tackle a lot
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corpusfishing.com Forum Index -> General Saltwater Fishing Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: