Corpusfishing.com Forum Index Corpusfishing.com
Fishing Reports and information for the Coastal Bend

HOME | SITE INDEX | WEATHER | LINKS | TIDES | BUY FISHING BOOKS | BOB HALL CAM | SFCCI| GUIDES                             
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My kind of morning!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corpusfishing.com Forum Index -> General Saltwater Fishing Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Prof. Salt
Full Grown Flour Bluffian

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:54 am    Post subject: My kind of morning! Reply with quote

After striking out in the back of Nueces bay Saturday, I tried a different area this morning and man was it an improvement! I found moving water in the drain as I entered the flat I wanted to fish, and as soon as I passed into the shallows I realized there were trout feeding in the moving water. I turned around and picked off a limit of short but fat fish and then released a couple more, with all of them measuring 16-17". Then I turned towards the shallows as the sun broke above the horizon and there were backs scattered across the area. I managed to catch a 26" red near the kayak and then approached a few that turned out to be lower slot fish. I kept moving and found another 21" fish, but it was crawling along just perfect and I couldn't resist. The approach worked out and when I got within about 18 feet the little Z-man Trick Shot landed just ahead of the hunter and it got slammed. I wore a big smile as I paddled toward the next shallow lake that I knew should be holding some good fish. Sure enough, that lake had fish. They were not against the shorelines where I expected, but all through the middle of the broad lake there were backs poking above the surface as single fish worked for their breakfast. At one point I had six exposed crawlers all within casting range. I didn't take time for photos with all the fish because there was no time to waste. I knew the morning bite would be fleeting so I made the most of every second as I quietly worked from fish to fish, and I even managed to get three reds on the fly. By nine o'clock I had caught five trout and ten reds and I was ready to head back to the office, with my fishing itch well scratched. Very Happy

gulfpredator1
Pony Mullet

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well played Sir. Nice morning and exercise too.
awesum
Member White Shrimper Boot Club

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job Glen!

It appears your annual Jackfish BTB may be aborted due to wind this spring. :/
Prof. Salt

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesum wrote:
Great job Glen!

It appears your annual Jackfish BTB may be aborted due to wind this spring. :/

While I'm not overly optimistic, the forecast is being watched closely. Very Happy
ziacatcher

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job, glenn!
Southeast Of Disorder
Horse Mullet

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your just killing it.
I bet if blow guns where allowed to shoot Whitetails, you would bag one that way......

Curios, Where do u launch when you fish back of Nueces ?
Prof. Salt

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Southeast Of Disorder wrote:
Your just killing it.
I bet if blow guns where allowed to shoot Whitetails, you would bag one that way......

Curios, Where do u launch when you fish back of Nueces ?

From I37 take Fulton Corridor. There is a launch just past the railroad bridge on the left.
roberino
Finger Mullet

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you launch a light jon boat there? even if you have to drag it a little? Just wondering if its posted as non-motorized launch only, thanks
Prof. Salt

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

roberino wrote:
Could you launch a light jon boat there? even if you have to drag it a little? Just wondering if its posted as non-motorized launch only, thanks

The shoreline mud is questionable, but airboats and a few small boats launch there. You could certainly run to the river mouth and cut back towards the marsh.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corpusfishing.com Forum Index -> General Saltwater Fishing Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: