Corpusfishing.com Forum Index Corpusfishing.com
Fishing Reports and information for the Coastal Bend

HOME | SITE INDEX | WEATHER | LINKS | TIDES | BUY FISHING BOOKS | BOB HALL CAM | SFCCI| GUIDES                             
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Slow this morning

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corpusfishing.com Forum Index -> General Saltwater Fishing Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ziacatcher
Full Grown Flour Bluffian

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:59 am    Post subject: Slow this morning Reply with quote

Wasn't planning on heading out but decided to go out for a little bit before I go to the doctor. Found things pretty slow. I thought they were going to be hot because on the second cast I caught a barely keeper redfish. And then nothing. Moved over to my 2 minute honey hole and about the third or fourth cast pick up a 16 inch trout and then, nada! Try several other areas and was about ready to call it quits and I decided to go up right against Pita island and fish shallow water. Wound up catching this 27 inch trout that as soon as I got it in the net the hook came out. After I took pictures and released her went back to try to fish I noticed that my swivel was completely straightened out. She was nice fighting lady. After that I decided to come in get ready to go to the doctor's appointment.

justin.light
Finger Mullet

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice fish! I went out yesterday too on the rocks downtown trying for drum or sheepshead but didn’t catch anything.
awesum
Member White Shrimper Boot Club

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even a slow day of fishing is better than a doctor appointment.

Just made that up Rolling Eyes
ziacatcher

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried along the packery channel and packery park. There been tons of boats lined up long air recently catching drum and sheepshead
awesum

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even a slow day of fishing is better than a doctor appointment.

Just made that up Rolling Eyes
ziacatcher

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might have made that up you are absolutely right
awesum

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, now it looks like the old double post trick is picking on me. Or maybe I caught it from Copano.
Central Scrutinizer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesum wrote:
Well, now it looks like the old double post trick is picking on me. Or maybe I caught it from Copano.

phpBB code sometimes has a mind of it's own. Just curious, what's your Operating System, and how do you post things on this forum? I may be able to help.
CS
awesum

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Central Scrutinizer"]
awesum wrote:

phpBB code sometimes has a mind of it's own. Just curious, what's your Operating System, and how do you post things on this forum? I may be able to help.
CS[/quote

I'm not a phone guy. I use a Lenovo laptop that has the nearly defunct Windows 7 on it. And Google Chrome.

This is the first problem I've had. And it was probably avoidable. My mouse was double clicking which means it's time to break it down and blow it out with some canned air.

On this one I recall hitting "submit" and getting an error message about not being able to make two posts together. It didn't dawn on me that it might have been the mouse but when I checked the post wasn't there. So I submitted it again. Will clean up the mouse today and the issue should be resolved.
Central Scrutinizer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesum wrote:
On this one I recall hitting "submit" and getting an error message about not being able to make two posts together. It didn't dawn on me that it might have been the mouse but when I checked the post wasn't there. So I submitted it again. Will clean up the mouse today and the issue should be resolved.

That helps. The code gave you the correct error message about submitting back-to-back posts within a specific time frame, so it really does sound like a dirty mouse issue.

As far as you operating system......... Rolling Eyes Windows 7?!?! I mean, if it works, it works, but that isn't even supported and I'm surprised (well, it's Google and all, so not ALL that shocked) it allows for the web interface. May be time for some sort of upgrade to your OS, so long as your older machine can handle a 32-to-64 bit jump!

This double post stuff happens under iPhone OS, but since you're not a phone guy, that can be ruled out. Not a fan of Chrome either, but those a personal preferences.

Bust out the air-spray can and some electrical contact cleaner, and hopefully your troubles will be over.
Central Scrutinizer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inside Baseball Stuff, for anybody who wants the 'Paul Harvey's - Rest of the Story'.

phpBB is essentially a bunch of relational database tables, that have different internal "links", that way many different fields are seachable and cross-referenced, and can recall posts across members, keywords, topics, etc.

When a post is submitted, the fields for that post have to be fully populated, and basically 'CLOSED' internally, for them to be seachable.

If they are not closed, it replies back with the 'too many posts within the time limit' error message - try again later. The double mouse click issue (associated with a small message) is likely the problem-child here.

Again, inside baseball stuff, for all the computer geeks out there.
CS
CopanoCruisin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I post on an IPad 8. Just saying………cC
CopanoCruisin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CopanoCruisin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Central Scrutinizer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen IPads work flawlessly under phpBB (multiple generations, and an 8 isn't exactly 'old'), but I've also seen IPads go off-the-rails under phpBB??? And for no recognizable reason.

The only fix I've found is an update of the source code for phpBB (I think the latest is 3.3.11, but that's a Tyler issue as the forum manager).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corpusfishing.com Forum Index -> General Saltwater Fishing Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: