Corpusfishing.com Forum Index Corpusfishing.com
Fishing Reports and information for the Coastal Bend

HOME | SITE INDEX | WEATHER | LINKS | TIDES | BUY FISHING BOOKS | BOB HALL CAM | SFCCI| GUIDES                             
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Trout Limits coming this Spring?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corpusfishing.com Forum Index -> General Saltwater Fishing Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaptinAcademy
Flour Bluffian in training

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 7:22 pm    Post subject: New Trout Limits coming this Spring? Reply with quote

My son told me, the changes have already been decided for this Spring.
I have an unverified Instagram post, but not going to post it here yet.
3 fish 15-20, one over 30, tag system in process...

I'm not fond of this slot, but understand what they're thinking is.

Problem is, we'll most likely never get it back, even if the female stocks are rebuilt.
To me this basically says that the pressure will continue to increase in their opinion.

CA
Central Scrutinizer
Full Grown Flour Bluffian

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:44 am    Post subject: Re: New Trout Limits coming this Spring? Reply with quote

CaptinAcademy wrote:

To me this basically says that the pressure will continue to increase in their opinion.

Put me down as an official "not a fan" vote.

Yes, pressure will continue to increase with increased population (although State-wide license sales have been flat for a number of years!?!?!), but the one over 30 is about as useful as the 'one over 52' for black drum. Trout ought not be a 'trophy fishery'.

Female abundance is in pretty good shape coast-wide, and the rational for going from 5-to-3 was basically, 'Hey, few people get 5 as it is now, so you won't even notice'.

My Biological-Based Opinion on this change is - 'B.S'!!!! Rolling Eyes
rodandroll

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2024 1:12 pm    Post subject: Re: New Trout Limits coming this Spring? Reply with quote

CaptinAcademy wrote:
My son told me, the changes have already been decided for this Spring.
I have an unverified Instagram post, but not going to post it here yet.

I'm not fond of this slot, but understand what they're thinking is.

Problem is, we'll most likely never get it back, even if the female stocks are rebuilt.

CA

TPW voted last week. It was in the news. Looks like the guides and elitists won again and the regular taxpaying citizen got screwed as usual. Time for a revolt. I'm sure sunny will be here to justify it in a few moments.

Even duct tape can't fix stupid ... but it can muffle the sound!!!
TheRealLagunatic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone heard when they are going to put the new trout regulations into effect
awesum
Member White Shrimper Boot Club

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kept fishing during the 3 fish 17" minimum regulation and can't really say it affected anything for me. But still I didn't like it much.

I've had a personal minimum size trout retention limit of 18" for years.

But I'm primarily an offshore fisherman that enjoys inshore fishing. My freezer is seldom without snapper, Ling, tuna and others when they are in season. So I don't rely on trout fishing for food.

I just don't often agree to these regs forced on us.
Central Scrutinizer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the Houston Chronicle, on the 25th - "These changes were made for the entire Texas coast and will likely go into effect sometime in mid-March"

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/texas-sports-nation/general/article/texas-speckled-trout-fishing-regulations-18627888.php
greenhornet2

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad to see the changes, anything we can do to stop the slow decline in fish populations is a win IMO.
Rebecca of Sunnybrookfarm

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:04 am    Post subject: Re: New Trout Limits coming this Spring? Reply with quote

rodandroll wrote:
I'm sure sunny will be here to justify it in a few moments.

nope, not for what they did either....joining C.S. and you on this one....a reduction is fine, but they're targeting the wrong spawning class...
becky

ziacatcher wrote:
However I bet if you were fishing naked Ranger Rick would have a problem with that
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corpusfishing.com Forum Index -> General Saltwater Fishing Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: