Corpusfishing.com Forum Index Corpusfishing.com
Fishing Reports and information for the Coastal Bend

HOME | SITE INDEX | WEATHER | LINKS | TIDES | BUY FISHING BOOKS | BOB HALL CAM | SFCCI| GUIDES                             
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Report - Italian Bend - Oct. 20th, 2022

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corpusfishing.com Forum Index -> Kayaking Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neumie
Finger Mullet

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:20 pm    Post subject: Report - Italian Bend - Oct. 20th, 2022 Reply with quote

The next day the winds were forecast to start southwest and swing to the southeast throughout the morning. We were not really sure on where to fish the next day, but we eventually decided on Italian Bend hoping the eventual SE wind would push us back towards Port Bay Rd. It is a place I enjoy fishing starting around this time of the year and have had really good luck.

We launched just before 7:00 am to lighter than forecast winds and paddled to the right of the launch.

I went to the little pocket to the right just past the two fishing piers with a topwater. I caught a schooly trout, but that is about all I had to show. Ron and Lou were fishing with me and Andy had gone up farther into the pocket to see what was crashing the bait.

Turns out it was a great flounder.

I had not had much luck up shallow so I bounced out into more open water to fish 4-5 ft of water, but all I managed to catch was a gafftop on soft plastic. One of those days. By the end of that drift nearly everyone had made their way to the back lakes. My sister caught an absolute monster of a slot red; 28 in on the button and almost 9.25 lbs on the Boga; her personal best redfish. We measured her red twice on two different boards and it was right on the money.

I was not having much luck; really anyone. Whit had managed to string up a red, and that would do it for us on this day. Oh, the wind never switched to the SE so we had a decently stiff headwind for our 1.75 mile paddle back to the launch.

Rolling three trailers deep on this trip.

As I mentioned our group finished with two reds and a flounder.

We decided to head over to Moondogs for dinner; a favorite place of the group. Tall cold beers, solid fish, and a great view of Fulton Harbor and Aransas Bay; it never disappoints.

After dinner was a fire in the pit, adult beverages, and cigars out on the bluff.

Meteorological Observations
Time: 7:00 am - 2:00 pm
Air Temp: 55F - 75F
Wind: 5-12 kn NNE (gusting to 14 kn)
Barometric Pressure: 1018 mb
Sky: Sunny
Water Clarity: 0-18 In
Water Temp: 74F
Structure: Grass

Solunar
Sunrise/set: 7:30 am/6:51 pm
Moonrise/set: 2:51 am/4:28 pm
Moon Phase: Waning Crescent (19.8%)

Predicted Tides @ Rockport (MLLW)
High @ 10:40 am (0.74 ft)
Low @ 9:51 pm (0.50 ft)

Lures
Silver Mullet Spook Jr
Strawberry/White Norton Bull Minnow
Pumpkinseed/Chartreuse Down South Southern Shad
Strawberry/White Chickenboy Pyscho Chicken
1/4oz weedless Gold Spoon

Fish
Reds: 2 Keepers, a couple of undersized
Trout: A handful of undersized
Flounder: 1 Keeper
Gaftop: 1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corpusfishing.com Forum Index -> Kayaking Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: