Corpusfishing.com Forum Index Corpusfishing.com
Fishing Reports and information for the Coastal Bend

HOME | SITE INDEX | WEATHER | LINKS | TIDES | BUY FISHING BOOKS | BOB HALL CAM | SFCCI| GUIDES                             
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Casting with Flip Pallot

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corpusfishing.com Forum Index -> Fly Fishing Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RPool
Member White Shrimper Boot Club

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:36 am    Post subject: Casting with Flip Pallot Reply with quote

If you haven't watched Flip cast, you can find it on YouTube. About a year and a half ago, I emailed him about a casting lesson but he couldn't do it because of the pandemic. But I asked again at the beginning of summer and he said yes. So, I went to Titusville, FL in early July and met up with him for about a two hour session. What an epiphany! Gracious, patient, thorough and a totally unassuming person. He makes it simple and takes great time to ensure you understand the principles so that you can coach yourself in his absence. I just got back from a striper trip to Massachusetts and took 35 fish on the fly. Most casts were 60 feet plus and required casting pretty much nonstop for 5 hours. The coaching he gave me made it simple. Just a great experience.
TexasJim
Horse Mullet

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Put me on the "Officially Jealous" list. That's a real lifetime event. Good to know he's still teaching folks to flyfish. Congrats on the trips. TexasJim
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corpusfishing.com Forum Index -> Fly Fishing Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: