Corpusfishing.com Forum Index Corpusfishing.com
Fishing Reports and information for the Coastal Bend

HOME | SITE INDEX | WEATHER | LINKS | TIDES | BUY FISHING BOOKS | BOB HALL CAM | SFCCI| GUIDES                             
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New rod and reel

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corpusfishing.com Forum Index -> Fly Fishing Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RPool
Member White Shrimper Boot Club

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:26 pm    Post subject: New rod and reel Reply with quote

My daughter and family live on the south shore of Boston right by Duxbury bay, so I'm shipping my current 8 wt and reel up to be able to wade for striped bass when we visit. Great excuse to upgrade for here. So, I just received a TFO Axiom II-X rod and ordered the new BHK reel with sealed drag. I cast the rod the other day and was amazed at how nice it is - lots of power if you time the haul correctly (I don't sometimes) and don't over power your final cast to the target (you know, that last umphh). Of course, a lot of us look like Tiger at the driving range but weekend duffers once on the course so we'll see what happens when there is a tailing red at 60 feet! But so far, looks and feels like a great rod for the money.
RPool
Member White Shrimper Boot Club

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish I could type - BVK-SD reel
lagunaflyoutfitters
Horse Mullet

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:47 am    Post subject: congrats Reply with quote

Congrats on new toy sorry i have been absent so long. May try to remedy that. fishing has been good lately despite the tremendous losses we suffered. Have fun up there.
AZ_squid
Horse Mullet

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Axiom-II-x is definitely a sweet rod. I just picked one up as a backup 7wt while gloomis takes 30 years to get me back my go to rod (crosscurrent pro-1). I'm pretty impressed so far.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corpusfishing.com Forum Index -> Fly Fishing Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: