Corpusfishing.com Forum Index Corpusfishing.com
Fishing Reports and information for the Coastal Bend

HOME | SITE INDEX | WEATHER | LINKS | TIDES | BUY FISHING BOOKS | BOB HALL CAM | SFCCI| GUIDES                             
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fun day fly fishing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corpusfishing.com Forum Index -> Fly Fishing Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ziacatcher
Full Grown Flour Bluffian

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 3:31 pm    Post subject: Fun day fly fishing Reply with quote

Fished the Rio de Los Pinos in Northern New Mexico today. Had to actually drive up into Colorado to access the River on the New Mexico side. Wound up catching eight rainbows. I was using a dry as my indicator with a bead head nymph as a dropper. One riffle that I was fishing I got four trout on the dry nothing on the dropper. Moved to another riffle and I caught another four fish all of these on the dropper. Crazy thing was when I was in the water fishing and Mary was on the shore watching me we hear this big crash. She turns around to see this big cottonwood tree come crashing down over the access road. Pretty scary.
While I was standing in the river fishing all of a sudden we started getting rain, thunder and lightning. I thought it was a good time to get my butt out of the water.

Prof. Salt

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like fun, minus falling trees and lightning. Glad you found some fish!
BayFly

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The tree falling without a warning makes me think about how Gov. Abott was injured. Kind of freaky!
rawlbay
Member White Shrimper Boot Club

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah but the pockets in River Oaks were probably a bit deeper than those in Rio de Los Pinos.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corpusfishing.com Forum Index -> Fly Fishing Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: