Corpusfishing.com Forum Index Corpusfishing.com
Fishing Reports and information for the Coastal Bend

HOME | SITE INDEX | WEATHER | LINKS | TIDES | BUY FISHING BOOKS | BOB HALL CAM | SFCCI| GUIDES                             
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Griddle cooking

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corpusfishing.com Forum Index -> Bbqing, Grilling, Frying, Recipes, and All Things Tasty
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grasscutter
Flour Bluffian in training

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:20 am    Post subject: Griddle cooking Reply with quote

Picked up a griddle a couple of weeks ago. Liking it a lot so far. Have done hamburgers and dogs, fajitas and such and last night did boneless chicken thighs (garlic, salt and pepper, soy sauce) with zucchini (sliced lengthwise) and mushrooms tossed with avocado oil, salt, pepper and garlic as sides. Turned out great. Trying fish and shrimp next. I was thinking about using olive oil and lemon pepper. Any pointers? I've read to keep the shells on.
ratherbefishing
Member White Shrimper Boot Club

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have cooked shrimp in the shell in a pan with a little peanut oil, a bunch of garlic powder and a little salt over a medium flame.

Definitely finger food. You will be licking your fingers and the shrimp shells as you eat the shrimp...

And, yes, it holds more flavor with the shell.
Tyler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the taste is better with the shell on for sure! You can split the backs first so it will give you a handle to start peeling. The Laguna Reef restaurant serves their grilled shrimp like that with the split backs.
grasscutter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just packaged a few pounds and will give the split backs a try. Sounds like a good idea and can devein then too.
grasscutter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I gave the shrimp a shot, and they turned out really well. Split the backs and deveined. Tossed them with lemon pepper, a bit of sea salt, cracked pepper, garlic, then put them on skewers and brushed with melted butter. Avocado oil on the griddle and cooked a minute or two per side. Had them with a couple of Italian dressing marinated sirloins. Very tasty.
OSOFARAWAY

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like to peel and devein then sprinkle with blackening seasoning, the amount is up to you.
Next get the griddle hot and splat a pretty good amount of butter and add the shrimp, then Squeeze the juice of 1 lemon and cook for a couple of minutes until done. Yummy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corpusfishing.com Forum Index -> Bbqing, Grilling, Frying, Recipes, and All Things Tasty All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: