Corpusfishing.com Forum Index Corpusfishing.com
Fishing Reports and information for the Coastal Bend

HOME | SITE INDEX | WEATHER | LINKS | TIDES | BUY FISHING BOOKS | BOB HALL CAM | SFCCI| GUIDES                             
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Moved!! Belongs in another forum or area? On or off topic

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Redfishman72
Horse Mullet

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:58 pm    Post subject: Moved!! Belongs in another forum or area? On or off topic Reply with quote

I think the issues raised in the Vote topic here are valid and do belong. Ive had some wonderful conversations on here on and off topic with people who are educated, informed, concerned, and have different points of view totally. There are many issues, topics, ideas, polotical or not that effect us all as good people. We are shepards of gods green earth and need to see the simbiant circle of all matters. If doesnt matter if your a weekend warrior, die hard, commercial or tourist fisher person. Alot of issues have effect on us together as a collective. Not just the line we use, tackle bait or how ya hold your mouth while retrieving a lure.. Years of neglect or lack of concern other agendas have put us all in a bind as time goes on. One day we make wake up with nothin left to fish for. Thru age education and plain old common sense things are realized. Im by far no tree hugger or enviromental genius. I do however want something for the future and we have to start now the clock has been tickin on the bomb of enevibility since the industrial revolution. Issues effect us all in some way saying off topic is not cool. As u see DSAL CCA everything effects us all. Open your eyes and ears. As my dad would say use your head besides something other than a hat rack!!! Stay informed involved and alert. Laguna shores road not fishin but effects us. Poisoned run off nueces bay or lack of rain no shrimp no balanced ecosystem. Lets just think before we speak eventhough it may not be important ro you it could effect someone you know love or just met
rodandroll
Full Grown Flour Bluffian

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful sermon, but it belongs in OFF TOPIC!!!

Even duct tape can't fix stupid ... but it can muffle the sound!!!
Central Scrutinizer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only made it to 'fisher person'.

Didn't need to go any further. Rolling Eyes
bulldog1935

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CS, still waiting for a fishing report from you, but you were certainly active on the forum in April, May, June, July and August.

Off to Arroyo City for the next 5 days, and will report when I return.
They have a real success story with the Arroyo health. In the 90s, when we'd run up from South Padre as far as Green Is, there were terrible brown tides coming from the Arroyo.
Central Scrutinizer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulldog1935 wrote:
CS, still waiting for a fishing report from you

Here is my Official Report:
Counting fish for stock assessment ought to be like counting trees in the forest.

Only, it's dark.
And you can't see the trees,
And the trees move around!

The Arroyo is indeed a gem, that has made quite the comeback. Now if only the launch at Rio Hondo wasn't so skinny!!!
Southeast Of Disorder
Horse Mullet

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes this is a fun and informative FISHING FORUM, not a feel good to much time on my hands personal call out of fear mongering or Sierra Club B.S.

Looking for front next week to stir up the fishing again. Still lots of slot Redfish roaming the grass flats, and closer to chasing the Big Girls of Baffin in a few months.
bulldog1935

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair enough - fish count is an important activity.
we're staying in the Spencer Bell house, right where the natural arroyo diverges from the barge channel.
Nite-lite dock fishing is the primary focus, and everyone gets a bag limit of schoolie males - most 17-22" (in years of Nov new moons here, have filleted 2 small females)
but also plan to paddle some down the natural arroyo, and a day-trip to El Sauz Is (Mansfield)

Corpus water supply and its effect on bay health has been addressed by Corpus and TCEQ, now delayed in litigation. Current events.
Redfishman72
Horse Mullet

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arroyo? My ears are perking up great place. Love fishin south too. A true reversal down there. Hope yall have fun catch fish and enjoy the time.
Have fun
bd0202
Member White Shrimper Boot Club

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Central Scrutinizer wrote:
I only made it to 'fisher person'.

Didn't need to go any further. Rolling Eyes

Ditto. Not biting that bait.
Johninaustin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read that three times and still have not figured out what the heck you are talking about.

I'm just going to put it down as drunk posting. Wink
Redfishman72
Horse Mullet

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont drin dont touch the stuff sorry. As far as what its about. Seems like all that happens here along the Texas coast effects what we love to most on here fish, have fun, create memories. We need to open our eyes as people to world around us and see how things effect other things around them. Cause and effect. Just because points of view are different doesnt mean were all right or wrong. Takes an understanding and caring. After all were doing and have done it to ourselves no one else to blame. Gonna post pic of new M2 later today just got her home.
bulldog1935

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redfishman72 wrote:
Arroyo? My ears are perking up great place. Love fishin south too. A true reversal down there. Hope yall have fun catch fish and enjoy the time.
Have fun
hey bro, posted my Arroyo report here - http://www.corpusfishing.com/messageboard/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=39567
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corpusfishing.com Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: