Corpusfishing.com Forum Index Corpusfishing.com
Fishing Reports and information for the Coastal Bend

HOME | SITE INDEX | WEATHER | LINKS | TIDES | BUY FISHING BOOKS | BOB HALL CAM | SFCCI| GUIDES                             
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lighthouse Lakes - October 7, 2020

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corpusfishing.com Forum Index -> Kayaking Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neumie
Finger Mullet

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:02 am    Post subject: Lighthouse Lakes - October 7, 2020 Reply with quote

Last day and I feel like we were all a little tired. And on top of that this would easily be the windiest day of the trip. This morning it would be Nina, Witt, William and myself launching. Dale's shoulder was still bothering him and he needed to get back home to help his wife prepare their house for family and friends coming from Louisiana due to Hurricane Delta. Unfortunately, due to miscommunication from me to DeWitt he had only taken off Monday and Tuesday and had already went back home; my bad (although he didn't miss anything).

The four of us paddled into the wind on the first large lake. Nina and I stayed to the left while Whit and William worked the right shoreline. I was throwing a topwater with a couple blowups. My sister had the same action. We went into the lake to the west where the both of use had fished before. She began catching some dink trout and rat reds on topwater and I only had one dink trout to show for it. Whit and William managed to find us on that same flat.

Nina continued farther west and popped out of the lakes to fish the more open water. I switched to ta weedless spoon and began ripping it in. As I drifted closer to the mangroves I had a dink trout hooked up and as I got it near the kayak there was an upper slot red following it hoping the trout would drop the lure. And that's pretty much it for my sister and I. We used the wind to drift back to the launch. Whit, as he usually does during these trips, pulled out a hailmary slot red before coming off the water. We were off the water early to clean the cabin and head home.

After five days of fishing we strung up a total of 23 fish between the group. Not our best trip, but certainly not our worst.

I want to thank everyone for making the trip to Rockport; I had a great time. Thankfully, the weather was awesome everyday.

Meteorological Observations
Time: 6:45 am - 10:30 am
Air Temp: 73 F - 74 F
Wind: 5-12 kn N (gusting 15)
Barometric Pressure: 1016 mb
Sky: Sunny
Water Clarity: 2 ft
Water Temp: 82 F
Structure: Grass

Solunar
Sunrise/set: 7:24 am/7:07 pm
Moonrise/set: 11:01 pm/12:22 pm
Moon Phase: Waning Gibbous (76.6 %)

Predicted Tides @ Port Aransas (MLLW)
Low @ 1:18 pm (0.03 ft)

Lures
Silver Mullet Spook Jr.
Pink/Chrome Spook Jr.
1/4 oz Weedless Gold Spoon
Pink Hologram GrassWalker

Fish
Trout: Couple Dinks
Reds: 1 Slotter, Couple Rats

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corpusfishing.com Forum Index -> Kayaking Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: