Corpusfishing.com Forum Index Corpusfishing.com
Fishing Reports and information for the Coastal Bend

HOME | SITE INDEX | WEATHER | LINKS | TIDES | BUY FISHING BOOKS | BOB HALL CAM | SFCCI| GUIDES                             
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dagger/Ransom Flats - October 4, 2020

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corpusfishing.com Forum Index -> Kayaking Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neumie
Finger Mullet

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:55 am    Post subject: Dagger/Ransom Flats - October 4, 2020 Reply with quote

Talked to everyone the evening before to discuss our plan for this day. I had my better quality bites drifting grass flats with potholes and wanted to target an area that had plentiful. The Dagger and Ransom Flats offer quite a bit of this structure, so that's where we decided to fish the next day.

We were full strength out there with my sister, DeWitt, Dale, Witt, William, and myself. Another TKF'er, Jason A, reached out about joining us during the trip and he had launched sooner than we had. We split up with Whit, William, and Dale heading north to Ransom Flat while the rest of us went south to Dagger Flat.

Whit right off the bat nailed two keeper reds near the islands closest to the launch. We had a NWish wind so once we paddled a bit of distance onto Dagger my sister and I used the wind to drift in Dagger Islands. We were picking up some small fish here and there on topwaters.

As I drifted into the islands I got a slot red. I set up for more drifts without much luck drifting around the islands. I spoke to Jason as he had fished some on the outside of the the flats and he had landed a few undersized at that point. My sister and I decided to push out into more open waters drifting deeper water.

My sister, Nina, was throwing a pink Spook Jr. most of the morning and landed a solid trout.

Myself, at that point, had switched to soft plastics and it was dink central. I must have landed 30+ trout with only one measuring to keep. I burned through many, many soft plastics and it didn't matter what color I was throwing the dink trout were nailing it.

My sister had one of those days on the water. She had the hot hand but just had bad luck landing fish. She easily would had had her limit of reds (upper slotters) and maybe another trout on the stringer but either broke them off or they threw the lure at the kayak. Suffice to say a stop at Tackle Town for fresh line and a new net for her and more soft plastics for me was in order on our way back to the cabin.

Whit, after his quick one two punch within 10 minutes of fishing wasn't able to add to his stringer. Nina and I strung up a trout and red each. William and DeWitt each strung up a trout.

We got back to the cabin to clean fish and enjoy a brew or two. RonMc and his fishing friend Lou met us at the cabin to share in libations. As is tradition we went to Moon Dogs for dinner. Moon Dogs knowing our tradition gave us VIP status and sat our group at the best table; right on the harbor.

After a great meal all 8 of us went back to the cabin for more libations and cigars. Again the weather was perfect.

Meteorological Observations
Time: 7:15 am - 2:30 pm
Air Temp: 72 F - 77 F
Wind: 2-10 kn ENE - NNE
Barometric Pressure: 1018 mb (slightly rising)
Sky: Sunny
Water Clarity: 3 ft
Water Temp: 80 F
Structure: Grass with Sand Potholes

Solunar
Sunrise/set: 7:22 am/7:10 pm
Moonrise/set: 9:04 pm/9:40 am
Moon Phase: Waning Gibbous (92.4 %)

Predicted Tides @ Port Aransas (MLLW)
Low @ 12:03 am (0.70 ft)
High @ 4:00 am (0.84 ft)
Low @ 11:15 am (0.24 ft)
High @ 6:07 pm (0.86 ft)

Lures
Silver Mullet Spook Jr.
Pink/Chrome Spook Jr.
Dealer's Choice Burner Shad
Tackle Box

Fish
Trout: 4 Keepers, Several Dinks
Reds: 4 Slotters, Couple Rats

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corpusfishing.com Forum Index -> Kayaking Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: