Corpusfishing.com Forum Index Corpusfishing.com
Fishing Reports and information for the Coastal Bend

HOME | SITE INDEX | WEATHER | LINKS | TIDES | BUY FISHING BOOKS | BOB HALL CAM | SFCCI| GUIDES                             
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Shooting rather than Hunting report

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corpusfishing.com Forum Index -> Hunting South Texas Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ziacatcher
Full Grown Flour Bluffian

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:43 pm    Post subject: Shooting rather than Hunting report Reply with quote

This isn't really a Hunting report but I just need to brag on my son. He just competed in the American Trapshooting Association Southwestern Grand championships up in San Antonio all week. He won the AA doubles championship as well as the AA all-around championship and the AA high overall championship. Reminds me of when he used to come down here and go duck hunting with me. He used to wait for me to shoot at the Ducks and miss and then he'd pick them up and drop them after I miss. He's one hell of a shot. When he was back in high school he was asked to go in compete on the Olympic team but it was too costly for us and we couldn't afford to send them up to Colorado Springs constantly. Plus back then you couldn't earn any money at shooting because you would lose your amateur status, unlike the Olympics today.

ratherbefishing
Member White Shrimper Boot Club

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good story Zia...
Cricket
Member White Shrimper Boot Club

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's quite an accomplishment.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corpusfishing.com Forum Index -> Hunting South Texas Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: