Corpusfishing.com Forum Index Corpusfishing.com
Fishing Reports and information for the Coastal Bend

HOME | SITE INDEX | WEATHER | LINKS | TIDES | BUY FISHING BOOKS | BOB HALL CAM | SFCCI| GUIDES                             
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PINS 1/17/2019

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corpusfishing.com Forum Index -> General Saltwater Fishing Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tyler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:09 pm    Post subject: PINS 1/17/2019 Reply with quote

I hit the sand around 8:30 yesterday morning hoping the lower tide would make it easy to access the trout south of the Big Shell. Everything looked great though the tide was not out as far as I expected. The water was a 7 out of 10 or better not much weed on the north end. By the time I got to about the 7 driving was a bit soft. Then about the 10mm lots of broken up wood debris was all along the low road with bits of trees and limbs in the wade and first guts.

It stayed that way all the way to about the 29mm. Here is a shot in Big Shell

Things were better by the 30mm

I had planned to bomb south but this little narrow cliff at the 37.5 stopped that with the high tide coming in.

This jeep had a nice load of folks from Pennsylvania. I warned that they might get stranded if they dallied too long down south.

I was only able to fish three or so holes down there with not even a bite.

On the way back I hit The Baby Nash Fishing Hole and thought I may have had a strike. Not a single bait fish was observed all day long.

Along the way I tink I saw Sinker parked with his F150 facing the water backed up from the road near the 21. I fished some woody spot that looked more like a crappie fishing hole than a trout hole near the 20 mainly to let the tranny rest from the churning drive. I thought for sure I snagged a chunk of wood until the drag went out. It was most likely a decent trout. Not a monster but in the end it got off.
Here's a shot on the way back. There was so much wood and that spongy bay moss from the 15 to the 30 I didn't even bother to try for pomps or whiting.

I spoke to some winter Texans. One guy near the 6 only had small whiting. He reported a guy he spoke to got 37 but no pompano were reported. Later I saw a guy near the 2mm with a nice stringer of large whiting.
ziacatcher
Full Grown Flour Bluffian

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the report Tyler. What do you think is bringing in all that debris
Sinker
Flour Bluffian in training

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes indeed Tyler I saw your Tundra pass me at the 21. You were grinding along in a zigzag pattern. And I did catch 37 whiting in 2:5 hours with zero pomps.
HungerBuster
Flour Bluffian in training

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I puckered just reading it. Forget the pictures. Glad you made it off. Heh.
bulldog1935
Full Grown Flour Bluffian

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you have a good eye through your camera Tyler.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corpusfishing.com Forum Index -> General Saltwater Fishing Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: