Corpusfishing.com Forum Index Corpusfishing.com
Fishing Reports and information for the Coastal Bend

HOME | SITE INDEX | WEATHER | LINKS | TIDES | BUY FISHING BOOKS | BOB HALL CAM | SFCCI| GUIDES                             
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Snapper Piccata

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corpusfishing.com Forum Index -> Bbqing, Grilling, Frying, Recipes, and All Things Tasty
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tyler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:13 am    Post subject: Snapper Piccata Reply with quote

I make this with speckled trout or snapper. This was the last of last year's snapper.

I season the fillets with salt and pepper and then drop them in flour to coat on all sides and set them aside on another plate while I dust the other seasoned fillets into the flour. Then into a skillet on medium heat I add olive oil and butter to coat the bottom and drop the fillets in until they are brown. Depending on the size of the fillets it takes three or four minutes per side. Then I put the finished fillets off an a warming plate on our stove. You could also put a plate in the oven at 200 degrees and place them in there.

Once all the fillets are out I add more olive oil and a quarter stick of butter. To that I add one large chopped shallot and about a lemon and a half of lemon slices. I like to use meyer lemons but these were just the average lemons you find at the store. Try to get most of the seeds out before adding the slices in because lemon seeds are very bitter if you happen to bite into one. Once the shallots start sweating down I deglaze the pan with at least a cup of white wine - chardonnay works well. I let that reduce then at the end I toss in a couple of tablespoons of capers. Once the sauce looks thick enough I pour it over the whole plate of fish.

Texican
Flour Bluffian in training

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks amazing!
What sides do you like to serve with that?

PS: Screw you Photobucket!
Tyler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texican wrote:
That looks amazing!
What sides do you like to serve with that?

I served scalloped zucchini with this one and fauxtato salad made out of cauliflower. I think the recipes for both are up on this forum.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corpusfishing.com Forum Index -> Bbqing, Grilling, Frying, Recipes, and All Things Tasty All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: