Corpusfishing.com Forum Index Corpusfishing.com
Fishing Reports and information for the Coastal Bend

HOME | SITE INDEX | WEATHER | LINKS | TIDES | BUY FISHING BOOKS | BOB HALL CAM | SFCCI| GUIDES                             
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Burger Question / Poll

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corpusfishing.com Forum Index -> Bbqing, Grilling, Frying, Recipes, and All Things Tasty
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Central Scrutinizer
Full Grown Flour Bluffian

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:42 pm    Post subject: Burger Question / Poll Reply with quote

Who here thinks that, in the past 6 months or so, the burgers at PI Burger Company (1 of my All-Time Favorite Island Eateries] have shrunk in size considerably???

Last time I passed it off as maybe a new cook, but last night's was not Wendy's or MacD's paper-thin, but it was shockingly close...... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
shallowsport

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's part of the tax cut plan. Less meat and more bun.
bulldog1935

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that winter's here, make an Arroyo run. Chili Willie's has one of the best burgers anywhere, and their onion rings compare to Hut's in Austin.
Central Scrutinizer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For 2 solid years, I did research on the Arroyo and passed this place and never stopped once (in my defense, I was in a boat and not in a spot for leisurely dining!!! Razz ), but next time I am down that way, it's ON! I go to Harlingen on a regular basis.

Thanks for the tip.
16stoner
Horse Mullet

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to frequent PIBCO often as well. We usually would split a burger. Then all of the sudden as you said they shrunk. I mentioned it to a few people and it eventually was corrected. This was a few years ago. We started going to Surfside sandwich instead. Burgers were MUCH better IMO. Unfortunately they have since throttled the hours back to 6PM. Its probably a phase to save a few bucks again.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corpusfishing.com Forum Index -> Bbqing, Grilling, Frying, Recipes, and All Things Tasty All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: